Updated on 3/29/2023
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Experience managing teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a track record of scaling and growing teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and strategies to stakeholders at all levels
- Hands-on experience as a developer with a solid understanding of our tech stack, including PostgreSQL, Python, Elixir, and RabbitMQ
- A good comprehension of team dynamics and conflict resolution, with a natural ability to inspire others and generate confidence
- A passion for learning and staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends
- The ability to work remotely and be based in Latin America
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks to drive user and business impact, while collaborating closely with Product and Design teams
- Cultivate a culture of trust, collaboration, and accountability within the team, taking ownership for consistently achieving individual and team objectives
- Coach and mentor the team to achieve sustainable growth in line with the company's long-term vision
- Model, teach, and apply our Engineering values and principles to promote technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Ensure the team has clear incremental goals during our build cycle, while providing feedback and learning & development opportunities to promote career growth
- Experience with Shape-Up or other product development methodologies is a plus
Skills intelligence platform for enterprises
Workera is committed to shaping the future of work and education. The company is building a precision upskilling platform to help organizations upskill and reskill to meet the critical demand for key technological capabilities. Workera's platform also provides AI-driven mentorship at scale with its adaptive assessments and personalized learning plans that drive measurable results to close the skills gap.
- Unlimited PTO plus a week off between Christmas and New Year’s
- Collegial atmosphere
- Innovative environment
- Full support for home offices
- A culture of life-long learning supported up to $3,000 reimbursement for professional development
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world
- Being part of a world-class technical team that’s trying to make the world more meritocratic
- Being part of a great cause to improve lives everywhere through artificial intelligence
- Opportunity to own high-impact projects
Company Core Values
- High-velocity career growth: You will be joining an all-star team of industry experts, world-class technologists from top tech companies, and proven startup operators that have built large, successful businesses.
- Diversity: We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. Our team members, like our users, transcend geography, culture, and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a skills-based, more meritocratic world, and a unique ability to execute.
- A remote-friendly work environment: No matter where you reside, you’re a part of Workera. We ensure that our globally distributed employees can participate fully in our company’s activities and do their best work every day.
- Lifelong learning: As talented as our team members are, we know that everyone is a constant work-in-progress and that the best is yet to come. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion, mentorship, and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. Did someone ever tell you that world-class mentorship doesn’t exist in startups? Please send them our way!
- A culture of transparency that we carry through to messaging communication, ensuring that team members have the information they need to make good decisions.