Design Engineer, Experiential Learning
Posted on 6/29/2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Solid understanding of real time AR development tools and 3D engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Lens Studio)
- Familiarity with creating experiences for VR/AR
- Familiarity with 3D math, linear algebra, 3D geometry, graphics, and rendering
- Understanding of software engineering principles - and the ability to know when it's fine to abandon them for a quick proof-of-concept
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You'll be expected to clearly communicate design decisions to leadership, the rest of the team, and to engineers
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Capable of acting as a Product Manager when needed
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- A creative problem solver who has lots of ideas and sees solutions when most would not
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency in designing, prototyping, and programming with real-time 3D engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Lens Studio)
- Push the limits of AR on wearable devices and create innovative user experiences and interactions
- Work closely with the product design teams to create and iterate on new prototypes
- Work closely with engineering teams to build sophisticated prototypes
- Work with user researchers to test new ideas and iterate on feedback
- Present work directly to the CEO and company leadership
- Build fun, innovative products that impact the direction of the company
- Experience with spatial design, prototyping and development software (e.g. Lens Studio, Figma, Blender, C4D, Unity)
- Bringing something new to the table: whether that's a new perspective on our product, a unique understanding of a particular field, or expertise in a particular field like AI, computer vision, machine learning, 3D graphics, human-computer interaction, etc
- Passion for Snap Inc. products!
Camera company focusing on multinational technology and social media
Snap is on a mission to empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The company's flagship product, Snapchat, is a camera-based social app that allows people to interact through images and videos.
- Paid maternity, paternity, and family caregiver leave
- Adoption, surrogacy, infertility, and fertility preservation benefits
- Backup child care coverage, caregiver assistance, and digital maternity care support
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and AD&D insurance
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental coverage, including orthodontia benefits
- Vision coverage, including LASIK benefits
- Gym perks and discounts
- Team fitness classes, hikes, and races
- Sports leagues
- Cooking and nutritional workshops
- Generous time off and leave programs
- Emotional and mental health support programs and apps
- Social gatherings, team outings, and volunteering programs
- 401(k) plan
- Compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
- We Are Kind: We operate with courage, show empathy, and instill trust through honesty and integrity.
- We Are Smart: We solve problems through action, make high-quality decisions, and think with a strategic mindset.
- We Are Creative: We gracefully manage ambiguity, cultivate innovation, and demonstrate an insatiable desire to learn.