As the world moves to a mobile-first economy, businesses need to modernize how they acquire, engage with and enable consumers. Prove’s phone-centric identity tokenization and passive cryptographic authentication solutions reduce friction, enhance security and privacy across all digital channels, and accelerate revenues while reducing operating expenses and fraud losses. Over 1,000 enterprise customers use Prove’s platform to process 20 billion customer requests annually across industries, including banking, lending, healthcare, gaming, crypto, e-commerce, marketplaces, and payments. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
Prove is driving the future of digital identity. We are looking for Provers who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly, and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smart but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans, and we’re excited about the future. If this sounds like the place for you – come join our team!
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for bringing a software engineering approach to Prove operations. Using software as a tool to manage systems, solve problems, and automate operations tasks. You will own and lead the efforts for creating and supporting scalable and highly reliable software systems. Leveraging your knowledge and passion to improve Prove’s customers’ reliability experience and helping development teams to meet SLOs. You will be responsible for the services availability, reliability, capacity planning and disaster recovery, managing large systems through code.
- Be familiar with the Site Reliability Engineering principles like error budgets and toil.
- Extensive knowledge in relation to how software is deployed, configured and monitored
- Experience around creating observable production software applications and services which facilitates answering questions in relation to unknowns.
- Experience working with canaries and experiments.
- Excellent communication skills in order to provide excellent advice and feedback to other engineers in relation to reliability and scalability.
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership.
- Understand the application software architecture and data flow with particular interest in all aspects that can affect performance and reliability.
- A culture of identifying repetitive tasks, proposing and implementing automation solutions to remove toil.
- Exhibit a strong curiosity and passion for expanding and deepening knowledge.
- Have a culture of leading and owning software and services (you write it you wear it) from start to end, delivering quality for users as long as documentation and training for users and team members
- Mentoring colleagues on different subjects related to the SRE work
- Leading multi-team efforts and communities in relation to the use of technologies and good practices.
- Familiarity with chaos engineering and capacity planning.
- Ability to deliver production ready code for operations.
- Strong passion for producing documentation and training material for other teams.
- Working within OnCall shifts for SRE supported environments
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 to 8 years of production engineering experience OR Software engineering experience with sufficient production exposure
- Kubernetes architecture and operations experience
- Expertise in Applications and services telemetry using standards like OpenTelemetry.
- Good coding and automation skills around tools running in production. Experience with Golang is an advantage.
- Strong Linux and networking fundamentals
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. The position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the positions. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
The salary range for this position is $145,000-170,000/yr. Offered salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, geographical location, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Benefits & Perks for FTE Provers:
- Competitive salaries & Bonus Plan (for eligible roles) and Equity Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Match
- Comprehensive medical benefits for you and your family ❤️
- Emotional & Physical Wellness – Access to wellness services (EAP, Gympass, Prove Well-Being Reimbursement)
- Unlimited Vacation and Flexible hours
- Professional Development Coaching via Bravely
- Healthy lunches catered and bottomless snacks & beverages for all office locations
- 12 paid holidays for all global employees 📅
- A great place to work and connect with other talented Provers like yourself!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Prove we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.