Principal Software Engineer - Snowhouse Foundation
Posted on 3/17/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
- 15+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting distributed systems and large-scale data processing systems in production
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills
- Deep multi-faceted appreciation in building end-to-end customer facing products
- Fluency in Java and SQL
- Knowledge of database internals is a big plus
- Experience driving company initiatives towards customer satisfaction
- Experience working with cross teams and product managers
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience
- Drive highly impactful initiatives for the globally distributed infrastructure Snowhouse and provide foundation for all the critical systems running on Snowhouse
- Innovate and build highly secured and reliable designs for real time ingestion, replication, performance and scalability
- Design for infrastructure to survive system outages, provide framework for all critical systems that rely on Snowhouse
- Bring robust designs for data compliance, governance and distributed data processing across Snowhouse instances
- Collaborate with product managers, architects, other engineering teams, data science organizations, business groups, to drive end to end solutions
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance
Data warehouse for the cloud
Snowflake has become a global force to help mobilize the world’s data. Snowflake enables thousands of organizations to have seamless access to explore, share, and unlock the true value of their data.
- We've got your back - We offer comprehensive health insurance plans, health savings accounts, robust retirement plans, and generous life and disability insurance.
- A Balanced Lifestyle - All Snowflakes have access to our weekly online lunch and learns, virtual workout classes, and ergonomic work-from-home equipment. We offer on-demand mental health and wellness programs to support our employees and their families.
- Your People Matter - Help offset the cost of growing your family with our fertility benefits and family planning resources. Count on our generous time-off and various leave plans for you to rest, refuel, and sustain a great work-life balance.
- Global Snowflake Team - No matter where you are in the world, we will get you connected and supported with a work-from-home setup.
- Treat Yourself - Personalize your Snowflake benefits by tapping into our employee discounts and pre-tax selections.
- Invest In Your Future - Eligible employees enjoy new hire equity, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and a quarterly bonus or commission program.
- Put Customers First
- Integrity Always
- Think Big
- Be Excellent
- Make Each Other the Best
- Get It Done
- Own It
- Embrace Each Other's Differences