Accenture Federal Services delivers a range of innovative, tech-enabled services for the U.S. Federal Government to address the complex, sensitive challenges of national security and intelligence missions.
Refer a qualified candidate and earn up to $20K. Learn more here >
The Accenture Federal Services (AFS) National Security Portfolio (NSP) is looking for DEVOPS Cloud Solution Engineers with strong technical expertise, business analysis and customer engagement skills that are passionate about delivering capability to customers. If accepted, you will be part of an elite team of enthusiasts designing, building, and supporting the next generation of FinOps applications and services supporting some of the largest U.S. Government cloud networks.
In this role, you will be leveraging AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, and/or Google Cloud Platform in support of federal customers. In this role, you will design, engineer, and deploy cloud infrastructure and services across multiple security domains, create reference architectures and cloud native designs, and enable provisioning automation. The ideal candidate is comfortable in technical and business requirements meetings and conversations, and self-motivated to pursue continuous improvement. A successful candidate will also enjoy solving interesting problems, and work with other members of our engineering teams supporting high profile, complex, technical deliverables. You will support capability deliveries meeting the ever-growing demand of Government customers for better Cloud FinOps
- The items below provide a general outline of the roles a DevSecOps Engineer can expect working as a member of our project teams.
- Work alongside the product, testing, and development teams using the Agile methodology. DevSecOps team members help test tickets, assist installation troubleshooting, and have input into future feature enhancements.
- Perform installations on customer networks. Maintain customer accounts across one or more fabrics.
- Manage software through its full lifecycle while installed in customer environments, including providing user support, triaging and troubleshooting bugs, assisting in gathering requirements for future features, and coordinating software integration with other customer teams.
- Use automation tooling like CloudFormation, Terraform, and Docker to build robust cloud-native applications.
- Perform troubleshooting and investigate issues. Team members must be able to independently research and discover root causes to inform development team issue resolution.
- Obtain/maintain DoD 8570 Level I certifications and other applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications requirements
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering and minimum 3 years of professional IT experience, or an extensive background of experience that merits equivalency.
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience working cloud-based solutions (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and other cloud technologies)
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Infrastructure as Code using tooling such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible
- 8570 IAT Level I Certification and relevant Computing Environment Certification (preferably AWS)
Bonus points if you have:
- Proficient with scripting in Bash, Groovy, or similar language
- Associate or Professional Level Cloud Certifications
- Working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git/Github, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with security in the cloud: Intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning.
- Exposure to coding languages such as Java or Python
- Server / Application hardening or familiarity with Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) concepts.
- An active TS/SCI W/ CI poly clearance is required to start
Compensation for roles at Accenture Federal Services varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Accenture Federal Services provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City or Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
California: $90,700 - $147,100
Colorado: $90,700 - $127,100
New York City: $105,000 - $147,100
Washington: $96,600 - $135,200
US Citizenship required.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role. Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.