Product Support Manager
Updated on 2/20/2024
Integrated platform for strategic and operational business planning
Pigment is a company that excels in providing an integrated platform for business teams to build strategic and operational plans, consolidating large amounts of data in real-time and enabling dynamic modeling. Their system promotes collaboration and efficiency, allowing teams to focus on data analysis rather than preparation, and offers features like real-time what-if scenarios, shared metrics for data integrity, and direct conversations on the platform. Trusted by industry leaders such as Klarna, Figma, and Airtable, Pigment demonstrates a competitive edge in facilitating growth, adaptability, and informed decision-making in businesses.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 21%
1 year growth↑ 52%
2 year growth↑ 297%
Toronto, ON, Canada
IT & Security
- Experience in senior application support specialist or technical support lead role in the SaaS world
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) or Modeling role
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, mentor, and develop a team
- Proven track record of effectively analyzing complex issues and creating action plans
- Comfortable working in a remote, fast-paced environment as part of an international team
- Professional proficiency in English
- Act as the lead and mentor to the team of Product Support Specialists
- Set performance expectations, monitor performance, and coach with constructive feedback
- Foster a collaborative, open, and positive team culture
- Guide team members through complex investigations and act as a point of escalation
- Identify areas for process enhancement and efficiency gains within the support workflows
- Track and analyze support metrics and be responsible for reporting on a regular basis
- Own the support techstack and be responsible for assigning project owners within the team
- Work 1-week on-call covers of P1 tickets with additional compensation
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, business planning, or BI
- Experience with HTML, CSS, SQL, APIs, or Data Integrations
- Financial qualification (Payroll, Accounting, Financial Risk Management, Pensions etc)
- Relevant certifications in customer support, project management, or ITIL
Our Story So Far:
Since our founding in 2019, Pigment is one of the fastest-growing, SaaS companies in the world today. Our product, a highly efficient and complex Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) platform is helping other scaling companies achieve their financial goals by quickly responding to dynamic factors in their respective markets including Tech, Retail, CPG & Financial Services.
In less than 5 years, Pigment has grown to over 350 employees across offices in New York, Toronto, London & Paris and attracted over $248M in investment from some of the top Venture Capital firms globally. Co-CEO, Romain Niccoli, best sums up our mission that Pigment is “On a clear path to drive innovation and change the status quo in an industry desperately in need of it. Pigment has never been more critical and relevant than it is today.”
What you’ll do
- Act as the lead and mentor to your team of Product Support Specialists to provide exceptional service to customers and partners.
- Set performance expectations, monitor performance and coach with constructive feedback to ensure targets are met.
- Foster a collaborative, open and positive team culture that welcomes knowledge sharing, documentation and continuous improvement.
- Be an technically savvy expert to guide your team members through more complex investigations, including calling on cross-functional experts when needed.
- Act as a point of escalation with customers and other teams to resolve complex scenarios, including collecting feedback to improve in the future.
- Identify areas for process enhancement and efficiency gains within the support workflows, and work with other team leaders to establish clear lines of communication and ownership.
- Track and analyze support metrics and be responsible for reporting on a regular basis to help make informed decisions on the team’s strategy and resourcing.
- Own the support techstack and be responsible for assigning project owners within your team so that everyone can contribute to building our world-class enterprise support operation.
- You will work 1-week on-call covers of P1 tickets with additional compensation for the days covered, rotated between the team to a maximum of one week per month.
Who are you
- You have experience in one or more of the following: (i) as a senior application support specialist, (ii) in a technical support lead role in the SaaS world, (iii) and/or working in a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) or Modeling role.
- You care deeply about ensuring customers get efficient, personable help from a team that values transparency and integrity.
- You have a “can-do” attitude: you’re hands-on and a go-getter.
- You can prioritize and make informed decisions alongside other team leaders.
- You have excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- You have strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, mentor and develop a team to achieve performance goals.
- You have a proven track record of effectively analyzing complex issues, identifying root causes and creating action plans to address them.
- You have strong project management skills and ability to motivate a team to deliver on time.
- Comfortable working in a remote, fast-paced environment as part of an international team.
- You speak English to a professional proficiency.
Nice to have
- Knowing a thing or two about spreadsheets, business planning or BI is beneficial.
- You don’t have to be a developer but having dabbled in HTML, CSS, SQL, APIs or Data Integrations would definitely be a big plus.
- Any financial qualification would be highly desirable (Payroll, Accounting, Financial Risk Management, Pensions etc)
- Relevant certifications in customer support, project management, or ITIL
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- We encourage you to take the time you need. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest, which is why we offer generous time off and parental leave policies
- Along with one company offsite every year, we have brand new offices at the heart of major cities including New York, Toronto, Paris, and London
- High-end equipment (based on stock/availability) to do your work in the best conditions
How we work
- Thrive Together: We can only win as a team. We are all founders and do the right thing for our peers, Pigment customers, partners, and the planet
- Never Settle: We aim to become the best at what we do by delivering with rigor and ambition every day. Delivering means building a passionate Pigment community
- Go for it: We are biased towards action. Every action leads to learning and these learnings get us one step closer to our mission
- Be real, be humble: We are generous with our feedback, open to change our views and we approach it with empathy knowing everyone is trying to do the best for Pigment
Pigment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity is a strength and fosters innovation. We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, social origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We may process your personal data in accordance with our HR Data Protection Notice.