Design Operations Manager
Updated on 9/22/2022
Canada • Remote
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Is able to collaborate in person 2-4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based
- Has 7+ years of experience managing design operations at scale and-as a plus-experience working at a product company or design agency
- Is exceptionally organized, cares about the details, and navigates ambiguity to bring clarity to multiple initiatives
- Leads as an action-oriented problem solver who can multitask to support the team but knows when to step back
- Harnesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can present complex processes to stakeholders, roll them out to all of our cross-functional partners, and encourage alignment across functions and departments
- Has strong analytical skills to establish and configure project and program tools-such as Jira, Asana, Frontify, Google Workspace, and Figma-based on the specific needs of the team, as well as a deep understanding of how and when to use each
- Consistently focuses themselves and the team on the highest-impact activities to foster growth, collaboration, culture, and positive business outcomes
- Can build an inclusive and diverse operations model for our Brand Design team
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of the foundational documentation and process for the entire Brand Design team by assessing current tools and gaps and quickly iterating on improvements toward a longer-term vision for more seamless workstreams
- Lead the strategy and work hands-on to experiment on what is possible to foster collaboration, best-in-class work, and a strong design culture
- Partner with Design leadership on any initiative that affects all of Brand Design-including learning and development, resourcing strategies, tool education, brand and asset management, and process improvement that will help us scale and operate effectively
- Collaborate with Design Operations from the Product Design, Research, and Marketing teams on best practices for the Design organization
- Develop project plans and timelines as the individual directly responsible for ensuring that everyone fully understands what they need to do to accomplish shared goals. This includes tracking progress and pulling in leadership when needed to guarantee efficiency
- Lead operations for the Design org quarterly-including monthly Design all-hands meetings and other larger priorities
- Be responsible for internal administrative tasks, such as reminders for scrum and crits, milestone celebrations, and planning for team on-sites
- Co-own contractor and new-hire onboarding tasks with Creative Producers
- Interface with our Legal, Security, and Procurement teams to onboard and pay vendors, including facilitating statements of work and supporting leadership in negotiating business terms and budgets
AI-powered writing assistant
Grammarly is on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. The company operates a browser extension and app that corrects spelling & grammar.
- Free food
- Company Social Outings
- Work From Home Policy
- Unique Office Space
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Ethical: Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing even when no one is watching, every time.
- Adaptable: Embrace change to evolve and succeed, with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty: Achieve with passion and perseverance for goals, by doing whatever it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary.
- Empathetic: Treat others as they want to be treated to work well together, by actively listening to put yourself in their shoes and then responding accordingly.
- Remarkable: Always be learning to develop quickly and be exceptional yet humble, by continually seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.