User Experience Research Manager
Posted on 8/26/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • Remote in USA • Menlo Park, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
- Guide research throughout the product life-cycle from early stage generative research, through iterative concept or prototype testing, and post-launch measurement. Ability to build and influence meaningful cross-functional relationships. Deliver actionable and relevant insights aligned to both strategic and tactical product and designs decisions. Identify and prioritize short-term and long-term research that delivers impact. Resource Allocation - ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge. Advocate passionately for the customer, ensuring that the product experience is aligned to user needs and expectations
- Independently manage day-to-day activities and complex situations. Identify problems and solutions around escalations
- Successfully partner with other research teams across the Facebook Inc. organization
- Partner with the recruiting organization to build diverse teams and inclusive environments
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by communicating and demonstrating the value of user research, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value
- Set clear expectations and goals for direct reports and collective team while holding individuals and team accountable for success
- 3+ years of experience with consumer or enterprise products, consumer or employee insights, or product development. 6 or more years of experience with people management. 10 or more years of experience with user research (qualitative research, quantitative research, or mixed methods research)
- Experience directly managing across different research methodologies. Experience directly conducting primary research (either qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting out data)
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional peers and stakeholders (e.g., product managers, data scientists, designers, engineers, policy, communications, marketing)
- 2+ years experience directly managing, coaching and developing full-time researchers
- Experience building teams over time through hiring, growing, and retaining high-performing researchers
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.