Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Updated on 3/20/2023
Burlingame, CA, USA
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience; HR coursework preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources field
- Strong knowledge of Employment Laws, Compliance, Immigration, and best practices
- Experience in the following areas strongly preferred: Employee Relations, Employment Policies and Practices, Performance Management, and Learning and Development activities
- Ability to work independently and manage projects autonomously to completion
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
- Proficiency in Google Suite, MS Office Suite, HRIS systems; Workday experience a plus
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues of moderate difficulty through effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Advise managers on HR policies, their interpretation, and application, and manage involuntary terminations
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; help prepare and maintain the employee handbook
- Ability to audit and analyze data, as well as propose methods for continuous improvement
- Participate in the design and implementation of programs that build employee engagement and retention
- Participate in projects as assigned that support broader corporate human resources programs
- Stay current on best industry practices that can be applied and/or implemented within the organization and maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
Online lessons for K-12 subjects
IXL is passionate about improving learning for all. They apply technology in thoughtful and innovative ways to unlock students' innate curiosity, creativity, and desire for knowledge.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off and sick days
Company Core Values
- Passionate - We strive to create a work environment where all employees are united in our goal to delight and impress our customers, and to foster a culture that helps all IXLers thrive.
- Tenacious - We seek out learning opportunities for ourselves, understand that feedback and mistakes are part of the process rather than something to fear, and embrace a growth mindset.
- Authentic - We are authentic, kind, and honest in our interactions with our colleagues. We ask questions and listen to each other. And, we have fun and find joy in our work and collaborations.