At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
We are looking for a creative and analytical Head of Sales Engineering to lead a highly skilled global SE team. You will work directly with our sales team to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate sales cycles, and lead a team of sales engineers who provide value-based evaluation scenarios including solutions scoping, product demos, POCs, and relationships with technical stakeholders to bring in new revenue.
This is a hands-on role in which you will continue to build a robust global sales engineering organization and own the revenue and consumption responsibilities for the group.
As the Head of Sales Engineering, you’ll get to:
- Recruit, hire, onboard and manage a diverse global team of Sales Engineers and SE Managers, supporting employee development and performance.
- Develop and execute selling strategies and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve regional quota targets and ensure long-term customer success.
- Provide guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps and represent the team’s needs to executive staff.
- Interpret complex problems, create simple solutions and collaborate closely with prospects, channel partners and our sales team to deliver winning solutions.
- Build and maintain a close working relationship and tactical collaboration approach with product, engineering, sales, support, marketing and professional services.
- Play an active role in sourcing and screening potential candidates and managing the entire interview process.
- Act as a player/coach, working with your team on and delivering compelling presentations to customers and prospects.
- Innovate and implement strategies that will up-level your team’s skills.
- Travel to Branch’s global regional offices to work directly with local managers and teams.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 10+ years of experience in a technically-focused, customer facing role in the B2B SaaS industry.
- 5+ years of experience leading sales engineering or solutions architecture teams.
- An ability to “lead from the front” and a willingness to act as both player and coach to help your team secure the technical win will be key to your success.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical area (Computer Science, Computer Engineering); or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing all aspects of the team, including hiring, coaching and development, regular 1:1 sessions, and annual reviews.
- Experience working with teams spanning multiple geographies, with a focus on North America, SEA, ANZ, India, and EMEA.
- Excellent technical presentation and communication capabilities.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents a reasonable estimated compensation range for this role: the estimated pay range for this role, if based in Palo Alto, California, is $238,400 to $304,000.
Compensation for this role is base compensation + commission. Compensation shown is reflective of overall compensation.
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Palo Alto, CA only. Compensation for candidates outside of Palo Alto, CA, will be based on the candidate’s specific work location.
Actual compensation will be determined based on skills, experience, and geographic location and may be more or less than the amount shown above.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $667M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with offices around the globe.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2022, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups and certified by Great Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 100,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from all walks of life to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our careers, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please note that Branch’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be working from one of our offices or will be attending company events to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to qualifying accommodation requests.
Candidate Privacy Information: