Posted on 8/10/2023
Home experience OS solutions
Veev is a technology company on a mission to reimagine the way the home experience is designed, built and serviced. Veev’s advanced technologies optimize every stage and square inch of our homes, allowing us to work together across bridges and oceans to create cutting-edge living experiences with unparalleled efficiency.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 7%
1 year growth↑ 0%
2 year growth↑ 17%
Hayward, CA, USA
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in smart home automation technology or consumer electronics.
- Experience with embedded electronics system architecture and integration with software.
- Proficient with schematics, layout design and validation tools.
- Familiarity with PCB layout, fabrication, and assembly processes.
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering, light control, motor control, and sensor technology.
- Experience in switch mode power supply design and test validation.
- Knowledge of controller design for DC brush, brushless and stepper motors is a plus.
- Experience with IoT design for home automation is a plus.
- Familiarity with Matter Standard, Z-Wave, ZigBee, Bluetooth Low Energy, and/or Wi-Fi radio hardware is a plus.
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment such as hand solder instruments, DMMs, oscilloscopes, power supplies, network and spectrum analyzers and other equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working with regulatory bodies such as UL, FCC, and BHMA is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working with external vendors and OEM/ODM.
- Experience with Linux and Python a plus.
- Passion for the smart home space.
- Architect and design low voltage electrical systems for smart home automation.
- Lead the research, development, test and qualification of smart home hardware (Power supplies, Displays, LED lighting solutions, sensors and control systems).
- Create schematics and layout designs for smart home control systems.
- Work with software engineers to integrate and deploy electrical systems with software.
- Work with manufacturing engineers to ensure that electrical systems are manufacturable.
- Ability to develop hardware design concepts and architectures for electronic systems.
- Must have a high emphasis on robust design practices utilizing simulation tools, circuit analysis and documentation, component de-rating, and laboratory evaluation testing.
- Identifying system risks and developing mitigation plans.
- Responsible for delivering technical project documentation.
- Must have experience completing design validation testing such as Thermal/EMC/EMI, ESD, environmental and reliability testing.
- Capable of effectively working with all engineering disciplines in a team environment with good understanding of cross functional design processes (high focus on product, architects, mechanical, manufacturing and firmware).
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in smart home technology.
- Experience with Linux and Python.
- Familiarity with Matter Standard, Z-Wave, ZigBee, Bluetooth Low Energy, and/or Wi-Fi radio hardware.
- Experience with IoT design for home automation.
- Knowledge of controller design for DC brush, brushless and stepper motors.