Senior Engineering Manager (Returnly)
Posted on 11/13/2021
Remote in USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 5+ years of experience working in a role applying DevOps practices
- Strong familiarity with *nix environment including bash and command-line tools
- Strong software development experience (Go, Python, Scala, Kotlin or any other established language) and solid understanding of current software design best practices, including modularity, event-driven architecture, functional programming, microservices, object-oriented design, optimization, extensibility, and testability
- Proven work experience with CI/CD build pipelines and tools (Buildkite, CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, e.g. AWS CloudFormation, Terraform etc
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration services (AWS ECS, Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of security best practices in a cloud environment
- Experience with systems monitoring and alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Redis) and ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Understanding of database methodology and database systems as well as relational schema design a big plus
- Excellent planning and time management skills, being able to provide deliverables on time; ability to anticipate and resolve project roadblocks
- Strong communication skills, confidently representing your expertise to peers and stakeholders across the organization
- Self-motivated, working independently, intrinsic learner
- BS in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- Prior startup experience a big plus
- Solve new and challenging problems around eCommerce payments, credit issuance and settlement, fraud detection, SaaS integration
- Design, build and operate large scale production systems in the cloud (AWS)
- Implement software deployment pipelines that enable agile development and testing processes
- Automate boilerplate engineering tasks and build tools to improve the productivity of our developers
- Collaborate with Engineering to define and implement security and access control policies in accordance to SOC II
- Build and enhance systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Troubleshoot cross-system issues across the whole stack using log data, time-series metrics, and various analysis tools
- Disseminate DevOps mentality and skills to other engineers, analysts and data scientists
- Work cross-functionally with some of the best people in different disciplines like Engineering, Data Science, Finance, Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.