The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company’s Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As a Senior Pre-Close Project Manager, you will focus efforts on supporting new Venture Capital customers in their journey into Carta services through our Fund Formation offering. Our Fund Formation offering is intended to help venture capitalists create their venture funds from scratch, including but not limited to legal documentation, regulatory filings, and financial planning. You will drive operational excellence within our fast-growing Venture Capital business by coordinating, facilitating and managing Fund Formation activities that are critical to achieving success for both our customers and Carta within a tight deadline.
- Support Fund Formations for clients looking to create a Venture Fund from scratch
- Assist clients with incorporations of their legal entities
- Analyze data thoroughly and precisely to maintain data integrity throughout the Fund Formation process
- Effectively liaise between the Pre-Close Services team and Venture Capital teams as the bridge post-sales through the implementation timelines
- Coordinate and manage multiple/simultaneous projects by continually communicating with with the Pre-Close Services team and clients
- Continuously look for ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Fund Formation process
- Work closely with the Pre-Close Services team to keep databases and metrics up to date
The Impact You’ll Have
You’ll play a critical role in the transformation of the financial services industry through partnering with our new clients and helping them create a new Venture Fund. In this role you will be responsible for interacting with a fund’s back office (CFO, fund manager) to collect their data, provide support, and ultimately deliver accurate data to both the client and internal stakeholders.
From sale close, to implementation, and continued customer success, the ideal Senior Pre-Close Project Manager will exhibit excellent communication skills, a high degree of problem-solving, velocity, embracing change and will constantly seek ways to better their process to provide customers with a world-class experience.
- Proven success in a project management capacity
- Experience working with financial data and information
- Great people skills – high degree of empathy and great communication skills
- Experience working with clients
- Experience in implementing and successfully managing small and large projects or initiatives with sustained, measurable success
- Incredible organizational skills, high attention to detail, and an ability to complete competing priorities quickly and autonomously
- Passionate, tactical, and direct, with an ambitious attitude and a proven history to go above and beyond baseline requirements
- Interested in working with enterprise software
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 in San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA; or New York City, NY
- $76,500.00- $90,000.00 in Seattle, WA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected]. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.