Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Chicago, IL, USA
- BS/MS/PhD in technical field - Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering
- Strong C++ or Python programming background with demonstrated experience developing performant, scalable applications
- Experience analyzing and tuning operating systems, compilers, networking, IO subsystems, or accelerators
- Exposure to statistical and experimental methods and tools for testing performance
- Highly collaborative in nature - excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams including Trading, Development, IT, and Quant
- Contribute to the design and implementation of our trading engine by increasing its performance with projects such as benchmarking systems, evaluating new devices, latency, and throughput analysis
- Develop tools and applications for benchmarking new devices and software
- Assist with performance troubleshooting and identify key opportunities for improvement
- Use a data driven approach to collaborate with relevant Trading, Quant, and Technology teams to expand and improve our systems, footprint, and latency across different strategies and exchanges
- Review and analyze how we leverage our proprietary systems, identifying potential bottlenecks and considering how we can improve our technology stack to better our trading success
Trading firm specializing in derivatives market-making
Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting-edge technology.
- Generous Paid Leave Policies - Vacation leave starting at 20 days per year that increases based on tenure, flexible sick leave, primary carer’s leave starting at 12 weeks, and volunteer time off.
- Medical & Retirement Packages - 100% coverage of monthly premiums for employees enrolled in Akuna’s BlueCross BlueShield offerings and dental and vision plans, as well as a 401(k) plan with company match.
- Wellness & Inclusion - Our employees have access to complimentary fitness and mindfulness events both in-person and virtually, as well as an in-building gym in our Chicago office. Additionally, our employee-led Culture Committee works together to continue building a healthy, positive, and inclusive work environment.
- Continuing Education - We are proud to offer firm-wide classes through our Akuna U program, access to webinars, digital books, and case studies via Safari, opportunities to attend conferences, and tuition reimbursements to make sure you keep learning!
- Social Events - We host happy hours, team outings and poker nights, sponsor a variety of employee-led clubs and sports teams, and offer volunteer opportunities to all employees.
- Kitchen & Games Room - Catch up over a coffee made to order by our in-house barista and grab a bite to eat in our stocked kitchen, or challenge a fellow coworker to a friendly ping pong match in our games room!
- Referral Bonuses - We want to reward you for helping us grow our awesome, hard-working team.
Company Core Values
- Rapid innovation through new technologies
- Collaborative flow of knowledge
- A thirst for individual growth and opportunity