Director of Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
Posted on 5/26/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting; CPA license required
- 10+ years of accounting / financial reporting experience, 3+ of those years in public accounting
- Expertise in US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements with an ability to research and interpret technical accounting guidance
- A proactive approach to problem identification and solution implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to partner cross functionally beyond finance and accounting
- Superior attention to detail
- Manage all aspects of financial reporting including preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, analysis, and disclosures that meet SEC standards (10Qs,10Ks, and S-1) as well as support internal management reporting needs
- Partner cross functionally with Finance, Legal, and other Accounting teams to drive continuous improvements in business analysis, systems, processes and controls that will enable public company readiness
- Identify, research, and document the Company's technical accounting matters and provide operational accounting support for complex areas such as equity, capitalized software development, goodwill and intangibles, etc
- Oversee coordination of annual audit and quarterly reviews; proactively address non-standard or technical accounting issues with auditors to ensure timely resolution
- Draft, update and maintain the Company's accounting policies, educate the broader accounting team on application of policies and drive the implementation of any changes in policies or adoption of new US GAAP standards
- Lead due diligence, purchase accounting, finance integration, and stakeholder engagement associated with mergers and acquisitions
Gaming communication platform
Discord's mission is to build an easy-to-use communication service that gives people a place to talk, build relationships, and belong.
- Stay healthy - We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Parental perks - Spend some quality time with the next generation with parental leave, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits.
- Kick back - Stay refreshed with over 19 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
- Commute easy - In a non-COVID world, get up to $270 per month for your commuting and parking needs.
- The loadout - When we’re back in the office, enjoy daily catered lunches and snacks, a desk fund to make your space yours, and whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
- Wellness on us - Take advantage of a quarterly wellness allowance for your gym membership or other wellness activities. Virtual yoga every week!
- Transgender benefits - Discord will reimburse up to $20,000 for any procedure related to transition.
- Discord HQ - Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in San Francisco near awesome coffee and food.
- Relocation - Excellent relocation bonuses for new hires moving to San Francisco (once it’s safe to return).
Company Core Values
- Upside Down Leadership
- Small & Mighty Teams
- Unleash Talent
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint