AppOmni is looking for an Accounting Manager to own the accounting operations, financial close process, and drive efficiencies within accounting operations. We are looking for someone with strong accounting principles and knowledge of the full accounting processes end to end. This role reports to our VP of Finance.
In this role, you will
- Very hands on with all accounting function processes
- Ensure a timely and accurate monthly accounting close
- Own all of the accounting, financial close processes, including revenue reconciliation, specifically ASC606, GL, AR/AP, Commission and Payroll
- Mentor new accounting hires (Sr. Accountant, Staff Accountant, etc.)
- Prepare, review and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Design, implement and streamline effective accounting processes, policies and internal controls ensuring best practices are in place
- Perform analysis on accounts and ad hoc reviews as needed
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance and adherence to accounting policies
You are a good fit if you have
- 5+ years of relevant experience as an Accountant or Accounting Manager for a technology startup company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, including ASC606
- Expert Excel skills
- Experience with Quickbooks/NetSuite, Bill.com, and Expensify
- Experience completing and/or preparing records for external audits and/or due diligence
- Problem solver with a strong attention to detail
- A passion for continuous process improvement
- A desire for career growth and ownership of your work
- Ability to build relationships with our management team and cross-functionally.
- Previous experience implementing accounting systems a plus
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- A flexible, remote-first company
- A team of talented individuals who love answering questions
- A high bar for quality and commitment to self-improvement and personal growth
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
- Competitive salary and benefit options
- Opportunities and support for massive career growth
We believe in cultivating excellence - within ourselves, and in the work that we do. Our team of customer-centric, data-driven experts are brought together by a shared passion to create tools for the greater good. We are determined to make a difference, to positively impact our way of life by securing the technology that is changing the world.
We believe in being a trusted and transparent partner to our customers, and we are fervent about providing them with high-quality, usable, and dependable software focused on the human experience, built out of a culture of cooperation and a deep understanding of their needs and goals.
We value passion, courage, and kindness. We also know that outstanding talent isn’t found in one location. Our team - veterans of cloud software, security startups, international travel brands, and some of the biggest giants in technology - spans from the mountains of Colorado to the skylines of San Francisco and New York City.
We value our people, and know that wellness and a healthy work/life balance enables them to thrive and bring us their best. Autonomous schedules, flexible commutes, and freedom from punching a clock means our team is empowered to enjoy life, work while inspired, and available when needed.
AppOmni is a leading provider of SaaS Security Management software. The company was founded by a team of security veterans from top SaaS providers and cybersecurity vendors, and its customer base includes global leaders across technology, healthcare, banking, and finance as well as many of the most well-known cybersecurity providers.
AppOmni’s patented technology scans APIs, security controls, and configuration settings to compare the current state of enterprise SaaS deployments against best practices and business intent. The solution offers fast deployment, instant visibility, and makes it easy for security and IT teams to secure their entire SaaS environment from each vendor to every end user. As SaaS applications evolve, AppOmni stays current with all updates and releases to keep customer environments secure over time.
Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Send them this link!