Join us in transforming how the world learns!
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy company, is searching for a full-time Sales Associate to join our Varsity Tutors for Schools (K-12) sales team! The Sales Associate will be a critical part of expanding Varsity Tutors’ K-12 institutional business: They will be responsible for supporting the Account Executive in building relationships with key decision makers at the school district level in addition to selling Varsity Tutors’ suite of products to bring live-learning solutions to students district wide. Under the direction of the AE, they will use a process-driven approach to drive organic growth of the K-12 business and will be adaptive to developing new procurement strategies in the remote K-12 market. This role is remote with strong preference to be geographically located in the territory in which you will be working to support the AE in driving business across the K-12 institution market.
The individual in this role needs to exhibit a high level of professionalism and have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders. This is a customer-facing role. The Sales Associate will be an advocate for Varsity Tutors, its brand, and its suite of learning products and programs.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats, including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Bachelor-level degree in any major
- 2+ years of successful enterprise/Institutional sales experience, K-12 education-sales experience preferred
- Intermediate demonstrating technology-based learning solutions
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, web-based presentation tools, and video-conference tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer-relations skills and high emotional intelligence
- Travels in state 20% of the time
- Supports Account Executive to build and manage a sales pipeline with schools to drive organic growth of the K-12 business
- Executes a prospecting strategy that sources new business opportunities through cold calling, client referrals, emails and networking
- Maintains expertise in product knowledge of Varsity Tutors’ product suite, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment
- Engages key stakeholders using effective consultative techniques including pre-call planning and productive questioning strategies that lead to winning business
- Conducts consultative sales conversations to understand customer needs, highlight Varsity Tutors differentiators and provide product recommendations that meet the needs of school clients
- Understands the K-12 procurement process and accurately forecasts upcoming customer activity to sales leadership and executive team
- Uses Salesforce to accurately track customer related activities, communication, market data, and critical issues
- Achieves key success metrics and goals
- Collaborates with colleagues from other departments to improve efficiency and facilitate a successful customer experience
- Gathers customer feedback to understand the customer experience deeply and shares learnings to inform the field sales team, go-to market strategy, and product enhancements
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles:
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- 3-tier compensation package: Competitive base salary, variable compensation target, and company equity (restricted stock units)
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Pet)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Maternity, Paternal, and Adoption Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)