Senior Quality Engineer
Posted on 6/27/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- You have a proven track record as an effective Quality Engineer in complex software development projects
- You have a proven track record of enabling development teams to self-serve in complex testing efforts
- You have built test infrastructure that is reliable, has provided meaningful value to development teams, and does not cause considerable drag
- Good grasp in a broad range of data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language. Preferably Java
- Good grasp of relational, and non-relational databases, messaging queues, and concurrency
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS. Understating of containers (e.g. Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high-quality products and services
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- You ensure that your team builds and improves upon test infrastructure that allows software development teams to help more effectively and efficiently test their software
- You provide solutions for development teams to better test software that spans across pre-production, release-to-production and in-production where appropriate
- You are a key influencer in team quality and testing strategy
- You drive mindful discussions with peers and teams you are enabling for
- You bring perspective and provide context for current technology choices and guide future technology choices
- You write software that is easy for other to contribute to
- You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance
- You drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards within your team
- You work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks)
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus)
Fantasy sports and online U.S. sportsbook
Fanduel is on a mission to make sports more exciting. The company provides a daily fantasy sports platform with a range of game types for players with a guaranteed prize pool for the winners.
- From peer-to-peer learning to industry conferences, there are a number of ways to develop your career
- From your head to your toes we’ve got you covered with our 100% health insurance coverage
- We keep a well-stocked supply of snacks and refreshments to keep you going throughout the day
- Flexible hours and vacation scheduling let you work when you’re at your best
- We provide the latest tech and equipment, you get the job done
Company Core Values
- We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community.
- We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders.
- We value teamwork above all else.
- We believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team.
- Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people.