Posted on 3/24/2023
McGregor, TX, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or other STEM discipline
- 1+ years of experience in software development (internship experience qualifies)
- Experience with National Instruments hardware (cDAQ, cRIO, PXI) and software (LabVIEW)
- Experience with C, C++, Python
- Proven experience architecting, managing, and integrating large distributed systems
- Strong communication/mentorship skills and experience in technical leadership
- Experience with network communication
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Must be available to work extended hours, weekends, and shifts, which varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Architect and develop software and systems for
- Data acquisition and control for test stands
- Data storage and analysis
- Automation of engineering and business functions
- Collaborate with electrical engineers, test engineers, and IT to develop hardware and network solution for test stand data and control needs
- Support active test stands when software issues are encountered
- Own all aspects of software development, including design, testing, and test stand integration
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement and training
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.