Software Engineer, Full Stack (Services Platform)
Posted on 8/20/2021
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 3-5 years of software engineering industry experience, with 2+ years of building large scale enterprise-grade systems
- Experience building and maintaining distributed systems at scale that can handle millions of transactions/second
- Proficiency in building GraphQL APIs with Apollo
- Proficiency with AWS Lambdas or other serverless compute services
- Proficiency with HTML5, SASS/LESS, Rest APIs, JSON, HTTP
- Experience building contributing to mobile apps using React Native
- Experience defining and implementing integration and end-to-end testing strategies and frameworks
- Experience with JEST, Mocha, and Cypress.io
- Great understanding of Web Accessibility
- Great understanding of caching, security, and privacy considerations
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with cross-browser and cross-platform debugging to pinpoint those inevitable compatibility issues
- Clear and compelling communication of your thoughts and ideas
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM in the software development life cycle
- Create client-side applications along the vehicle customer journey, from the moment the customer takes the keys, to their experience when charging, to when their vehicle needs service
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Collaborate with data systems engineers to help define the endpoint integration needs of your team
- Come together with your peers to share ideas, ask why with an open and curious mind, learn from each other's diverse perspectives, to deliver great work as a team
- Develop, unit test, and document performant code, ensuring efficient browser memory usage and fast load time
- Define and help grow our end-to-end testing strategy and frameworks
- Help define the architectural vision of the team
- Mentor other engineers, helping them learn and improve their technical skills
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team