Senior Software Engineer II
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, working with a variety of technologies, and have increasingly impactful accomplishments
- Experience as a major contributor cross-pod or cross-company deliverables
- Experience leading technical contributions, improving the quality of what your teams create, and are excited to build fault-tolerant, and scalable software systems
- Demonstrates expertise of the practical application of CS concepts within their team
- Sets and enforces the standard for writing stable, correct, and maintainable code
- Experience mentoring and training more junior engineers
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Ability to understand key objectives and prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with Oscar members and internal teams
- Takes initiative and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes
- Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks
- Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback
- Become the expert on your team's business and technical domains
- Lead the planning, execution and release of complex technical projects
- Work with partners, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems
- Lead and mentor engineers on the team to improve technology and apply best practices
- Independently responsible for large or complex technology capabilities (set of components or services) within their team's domain or spanning multiple domains
- Facilitates, encourages, and enhances cross-team execution and collaboration; knows when cross-team projects are at risk and actively mitigates risk to deliver on time
- Prolific contributor to the objectives of their functional group, as well as (potentially) organization-wide projects
- Drives prioritization of technical roadmap and influences prioritization of product roadmap and process enhancements within their team
- Actively identifies and reduces failure domains
- Builds software to minimize effort and business impact during maintenance and failures
- Guides the development of Service-Level Objectives (SLOs) for systems they are responsible for
- Own medium to large features or infrastructure projects from technical design through completion
Health insurance company
Oscar Health’s mission is to make high-quality health insurance accessible and affordable for everyone. The company is a software driven health insurance company that offers medical plans, medicare advantages, and small group products.
- Health insurance - That’s a given. Employees and their families receive incredible health insurance.
- Financial benefits - A penny saved....we’re talking about a 401K plan, health savings accounts, and more.
- Well @ Oscar - We care about your wellness with fitness classes and access to mental health support.
- Work-Life Balance - We offer multiple time-off options, wellness days, and 10+ weeks of parental leave.
- Learning & Development - We offer everything from mentorship to management training.
Company Core Values
- What we do is a big deal. We’re solving problems that change and save lives.
- Powered by people. Members above all. Developing and growing others is what raises the bar.
- No genius without grit. Be relentless. Be scrappy. Trying and failing beats not trying and changing nothing.
- Seek the truth... but never assume you’ve found it. Be scientific.
- Inspire & provoke. Develop and display leadership at all levels. Fight to be the best.
- Be transparent. Give and ask for direct feedback. Be grateful for and excited by the help of others.
- Make it right. Admit your mistakes. Then learn from them. Never build alone.