Software Engineer Intern, Commerce
Posted on 2/1/2022
Remote in USA • Remote • Atlanta, GA, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capabilities in full-stack, frontend, or backend development
- You are passionate about building great applications and thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- Bonus points if you have experience in PHP, React, GO, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve defects
- Collaborate with team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA - through contributions to the team's documentation libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Marketing automation for e-commerce
Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small business. The company empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with smart marketing technology, award-winning support, and inspiring content.
- Investing in you and your future - Mailchimp pays for 100% of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all employees and their families. Wellness programs and intramural sports teams make it easy to prioritize your health. Our parental leave is ample and our 401k program—including profit-sharing—is next level.
- Learning and development - Whether we’re attending conferences, doing internal apprenticeships, completing unconscious bias training, learning more through Mailchimp University, or enjoying our weekly Coffee Hour series, we’re always stretching our brains in new ways. We also offer up to $20,000 in tuition reimbursement.
- Community dedication - We sponsor the work of dozens of local nonprofits, from arts organizations to literacy programs. Plus, every employee gets 16 volunteer hours a year to use working with the nonprofit of their choice.