Posted on 11/4/2022
New York, NY, USA
- 4+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house, with knowledge of and experience with privacy regulatory and legal frameworks including CCPA and GDPR
- Working directly with non-lawyers to minimize and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Motivated by responsibility and autonomy to solve problems
- Providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to business partners
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions
- Business communication and analytical skills, as well as a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- CIPP-US or related certifications are a plus
- Handle privacy- and data protection-related inquiries from external stakeholders, senior leadership and across the company, providing strategic and practical advice on legal requirements and compliance
- Provide counsel on regulatory developments, including the ongoing monitoring and tracking of trends in privacy and security laws, enforcement, regulations, and public policy
- Prepare and conduct awareness and training efforts to enhance team member understanding of data privacy obligations and compliance, data privacy policies, data handling practices and procedures
- Scope international privacy compliance requirements to support our expanding business, and collaborate with technology and product stakeholders to assure that CLEAR meets those requirements
- Analyze and help implement compliant solutions to existing and new legislative and regulatory developments to ensure ongoing compliance
Clearbanc provides growth capital for web-enabled businesses through its 20-minute term sheet.
- Food and beverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive benefits
- Continued education
- CLEAR membership
- Diversity and Inclusion counsel
- Sprint demos and hackathons
- Innovation guild
- On-site gym
Company Core Values
- Embrace change - Our growth requires that we EMBRACE CHANGE. We pivot to overcome roadblocks and we are transparent on why decisions are made.
- Own it - CLEAR is an organization of doers. We OWN IT by solving problems even if they 'aren't ours to solve' and commit to seeing them all the way through.
- Our great people - From our ambassadors in the field, to our corporate team members, OUR GREAT PEOPLE are at the heart of all that we do. And because we believe that great people know other great people, we offer generous referral incentives.
- Obsessed with member experience - We are OBSESSED WITH MEMBER EXPERIENCE. Our members include our corporate business partners as well as our internal and external customers. We love hearing from our members so that we can continuously improve and come back better for them every day.
- Speak up - We believe in challenging fearlessly and embracing the brutal truth. We SPEAK UP by displaying honesty to our customers, our team members, and ourselves.
- Indefatigable - If the word 'No' simply means 'Not yet' then you may be ready to join the INDEFATIGABLE. To be indefatigable is to tirelessly pursue your goals with passion.
- Bias for action - Making no decision is worse than making the wrong one. We encourage our team members to have a BIAS FOR ACTION, using data to make calculated decisions. We have confidence in our decisions and learn from our mistakes.