Art Director Brand Creative Rapha are looking for an Art Director to join the team to work on the art direction for seasonal campaigns. The Art Director at Rapha is responsible for directing film and stills to be used across key channels. The role requires a solid eye for typography and design as well as photography and film. It is a hands-on role that requires an understanding of why and how cycling has the ability to change lives. You’ll find the perfect cast of legitimate riders across the world to feature in our campaigns and have an appetite for stories that help us elevate our brand mission – to inspire the world to live life by bike. You’ll champion creativity within the Rapha brand and elevating it to achieve commercial success.
You will be part of a wider team of graphic and motion designers, film creatives as well as the brand marketing team across copy, social and press. We are a team that thrives of creativity and collaboration and encourage growth and mentorship across the departments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conceptualising, planning, and executing outstanding campaigns
- Working with the producers on pre-production and casting
- Reporting and presenting back to the Associate Creative Director
- Responsible for the Rapha studio shoots, reflecting the season and campaign direction to create a full suite of studio assets that reflect the Rapha brand guideline and yet maintain a reference to the current season.
- Striving for positive and productive interdepartmental relationships with the rest of the brand such as; copywriters, producers, project managers etc
- Present concepts and work to the rest of the creative department, effectively managing and implementing feedback from the different teams
You will demonstrate:
- Proficiency across Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote
- An ability to work quickly, independently and accurately
- Work on campaign concepts, including pre- and post-production elements
- A deep understanding of how creative elevates a brand and achieves success
- Thorough knowledge of relevant and latest industry trends and practices
- An interest in the Rapha brand
Working at Rapha
We are continuously looking into ways to invest in our employees and build a better working culture and environment. Here are just some of the internal benefits we offer.
- Flexible working hours
- Support ad-hoc remote working during the week
- No meeting Fridays - giving you time back for things like personal development
- Free barista coffee and Friday afternoon social drinks in the office
- Monthly department social events and quarterly office social away days
- We offer a flexible riding benefit to allow you to go out riding on a Wednesday morning with colleagues or learn to cycle to cycling through our Getting Started Scheme.
- We offer all our employees a 50% apparel discount and a discount for family & friends
- An annual clothing allowance
- Free membership to the Rapha Cycling Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
At Rapha, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are always working to create an environment that is focused on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect.
As part of our continued commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, we would like to invite you to answer a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to answer, the responses will only be used to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process and to measure our efforts to recruit diverse and under-represented talent. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, won’t be associated with your specific application and won’t in any way be used in the hiring decision.