Who We Are
Arcellx is a public, clinical-stage biotechnology company reimagining cell therapy by engineering innovative immunotherapies for patients with cancer and other incurable diseases. We believe that cell therapies are one of the forward pillars of medicine and our mission is to destroy cancer and advance humanity by developing cell therapies that are safer, more effective, and more broadly accessible.
Our team members are made up of talented innovators and dreamers working from our offices in Gaithersburg, Maryland, and Redwood City, California. At Arcellx, we hire exceptional people and create a fun, diverse, supportive, and informal environment that allows everyone to do their best work.
What Matters to Us
Living our core values is essential to maintaining a work environment that is high-performing, inclusive, and collaborative. We look for candidates who demonstrate strong values alignment and bring different backgrounds, viewpoints, and abilities to the team.
Arcellx Core Values
- Character: Committed to always doing what’s right.
- Audacity: Willing to challenge convention and share candid feedback with others.
- Determination: Curious and self-motivated. Always looking to improve and learn.
- Collaboration: "No job is too small" mentality. Humble and willing to help others.
- Originality: Will bring your unique perspective to the table and respect a diverse set of views and backgrounds.
How You’ll Make a Difference
As our head of medical affairs, you’ll provide medical and clinical expertise for our lead product candidate, CART-ddBCMA, which is being developed for the treatment of relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma (r/r MM) in an ongoing pivotal trial. Working closely with our strategic partner, you’ll have a significant impact on disseminating important medical content to medical providers in the United States for this potentially best in class therapeutic.
The “Fine Print” – What You’ll Do
- Build out and lead the medical affairs function to support the launch of CART-ddBCMA in the US.
- Collaborate with the clinical development and commercial teams in the development of education material for providers and patients that are medically accurate.
- Cultivate relationships with KOLs and educate them through consistent and accurate medical communications.
- Maintain deep scientific and medical knowledge of multiple myeloma disease state.
- Provide medical support for key clinical and commercial activities.
- Support the creation of policies and procedures for the medical affairs function and ensure compliance with the policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience We Look For
Successful candidates will have a PharmD, MD, or PhD degree, and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and at least 5 years of experience in medical affairs in industry. Experience in oncology is required; cell therapy experience is preferred.
Other key skills are expertise in the clinical research processes, FDA regulations, and ethical guidelines as applied to the biotech industry, and ability to demonstrate skills needed to accomplish the role’s main priorities, such as ability to lead and influence key internal and external stakeholders, excellent judgement, high integrity, and a strong sense of urgency and goal orientation.
Rewards at Arcellx
Our people are our greatest asset, and supporting their well-being is an essential part of delivering on our mission and impacting the lives of patients. Putting this belief into practice means offering strong compensation and benefits.
The base salary range for this position is $295,000 - $345,000 per year. Where a candidate falls within that range is determined by factors such as years of experience and location. Our compensation package also includes an annual bonus based on company goals and an equity (RSU) grant. We do offer relocation assistance for roles if required.
Our market-leading benefits package includes: 100% coverage for medical, dental and vision for team members and dependents, unlimited vacation, a 3-day weekend every month, fully-paid parental leave for up to 6 months, tuition reimbursement, 401k employer contribution and more.
Join us in our quest to reimagine cell therapy and destroy cancer. For more on our technology, culture, and team, go to www.arcellx.com.