6 month growth↓ -8%
1 year growth↓ -8%
2 year growth↓ -11%
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, or a similar quantitative discipline
- 3-4+ years of financial analysis experience
- Strong analytical skills and experience with Excel, Salesforce, and reporting tools such as Tableau/Domo
- Basic experience with SQL
- Collaborate in building and enhancing sophisticated financial models used for budgeting and forecasting financial results across monthly, quarterly, and annual cycles
- Take charge of regular reporting of key metrics such as ARR and churn
- Partner closely with department heads to identify and analyze opportunities and risks to revenue and cost goals
- Take ownership of managing ad hoc projects on an ongoing basis
- Experience in FP&A, investment banking, consulting, PE/VC, or relevant field
At Podium, our mission is to help local businesses win. Our lead conversion platform, powered by AI and integrations, helps local businesses convert leads faster, communicate easier, and make more sales. Every day, thousands of local businesses utilize our review management, communication, marketing, and payments products.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
At Podium, we believe in fostering a culture that thrives on hiring and developing exceptional talent. Our operating principles serve as a compass, guiding daily behavior and decision-making, and ensure we hire people who will thrive at Podium. If you resonate with our operating principles and are energized by our mission, Podium will be a great place for you!
As a Senior Financial Analyst at Podium, you will serve as the strategic finance partner for specific areas of the business and be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and long-term financial planning. This means building a relationship and deeply aligning with departmental leadership to partner on the development and execution of focused growth strategies. You will be a critical part of refining Podium’s growing business by providing financial insights to further drive top- and bottom-line, getting comprehensive exposure to the full Profit and Loss of Podium.
To be successful in this role, you will require a mix of financial and operational competencies, and the ability to pay attention to details while also grasping the big picture of the company as a whole. You will also need strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to position and implement ideas within the business effectively. If you are someone who is passionate about building a business, values efficiency and creative problem-solving using financial/quantitative metrics, and thrives in a fast-paced, open environment, then this is the right role for you!
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will play a crucial role in driving the financial success of our organization. Your responsibilities will include:
- Financial Modeling Expertise: Collaborate in building and enhancing sophisticated financial models used for budgeting and forecasting financial results across monthly, quarterly, and annual cycles.
- Key Metric Reporting: Take charge of regular reporting of key metrics such as ARR and churn. Ensure our company’s reporting dashboards are not only updated but also accurate, providing valuable insights.
- Strategic Partnership: Partner closely with department heads to identify and analyze opportunities and risks to revenue and cost goals. Act as a strategic advisor, fostering data-driven decision-making across various departments, including Sales, Product, Engineering, Business Development, and People Operations.
- Ad Hoc Project Management: Take ownership of managing ad hoc projects on an ongoing basis. Examples include partnership deal valuation, Profit and Loss for investment cases, headcount planning, and more. Present findings and recommendations to business partners.
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Educational Background: A BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, or a similar quantitative discipline.
- Experience: 3-4+ years of financial analysis experience with a thorough understanding of financial statements and budget/forecasting cycles (FP&A, investment banking, consulting, PE / VC, or relevant field)
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills and experience with Excel, Salesforce, and reporting tools such as Tableau/ Domo.
- Ownership Mentality: Think like an owner. Demonstrate the ability to take ownership and initiative within the tasks assigned to you. Work effectively and independently to drive results.
- Work Ethic: Exhibit a strong work ethic, a high sense of urgency, and the ability to deliver results within tight timelines.
- Communication Skills: Possess excellent and proactive communication skills with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners.
- SQL Experience: Basic experience with SQL.
- Open and transparent culture
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan with competitive company matching
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.