Lead Business Operations
Posted on 3/2/2023
Irvine, CA, USA
- Proven ability to build relationships with stakeholders across multiple functions and at all levels, both within and outside of the company
- 8+ years of facilities, project management, and analytics experience
- An analytical, creative, innovative, and problem-solving mindset
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and a business intelligence/analytics software such as: Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Ability to create dashboards for c-level executives
- Proven superior attention to detail
- Self-starter who is goal oriented highly motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Experience managing small- and large-scale programs
- Collaborate with the Facilities Operations Managers, Security, Design and Construction, to establish operating budgets for all proposed sites in North America and Europe (Workplace, Manufacturing, Retail/Sales, Service, and Charging sites); these budgets will be included in the initial project approval budget
- Manage up to date operational reporting and the department operating expenditure budget for all facilities globally, including but not limited to:
- Data collection, aggregation & analysis
- Develop forecasts. Track actual spend vs. forecasted spend
- KPI development & tracking
- Facilities asset management & tracking
- PO submittal, management and invoice tracking
- Reporting and aligning metrics with Finance
- Collaborating with Procurement: prescriptive analysis to optimize deployment of resources
- With operational efficiency as the driving factor, provide insights in structuring of existing databases to ensure data integrity, early collection, & classification of data that will be required as the company scales
- Work with the Facilities Analyst team to create dashboards (descriptive, predictive, & prescriptive analytics) for the purpose of cross-functional team alignment to drive continuous improvement. These dashboards should be created to support the Operations and Security Managers and displayed in a manner they can digest and utilize to make data-driven decisions
- Advise and consult on cross-functional programs (e.g. Streamline suppliers and vendors across departments), facilitating relationships across teams & external partners to manage dependencies, minimize redundancies and optimize resources
- Provide front-line, primary support to the Operations Managers, Security, Finance, and Procurement on various issues & problems relating to data & reporting. Lead training for all facilities employees on opex expectations: budget codes, budget forecasts, budget tracking, po creation, po policies, invoice approval, etc
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and present project-specific and/or department-specific insights
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team