Posted on 12/23/2022
Milwaukee, WI, USA • Waukesha, WI, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and at least five years of related experience in similar industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with ERP systems is a must
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and maintain a high degree of professionalism
- Effective communication and problem solving skills are essential
- Purchases machine services, motors, castings, forgings, fabrications/machine parts and electrical components
- Prepares purchase orders and monitors inventory requirements
- Assists with selection of qualified vendors and monitors their performance for quality, delivery and cost
- Develops and cultivates good business relations with current and potential suppliers, negotiating price, terms and conditions of purchase and delivery
- Help sourcing search for new suppliers, goods, and services as required
- Maintains vendor relationship and metrics while driving continuous improvement efforts
- Utilizes total cost analysis to evaluate supply chain options
- Works closely with the Production Scheduler to enable accurate forecasting and delivery schedules
- Understand commodities/markets to ensure competitive prices
- Collaborates with all departments to ensure on-time delivery
- Coordinate with suppliers for services and urgent drop shipments, obtain freight tracking numbers and communicate to operations status of delivery
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential