Director – Game Product Management
League of Legends
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 9+ years of relevant industry experience
- Able to leverage a variety of quantitative & qualitative tools and frameworks to deeply understand player needs and motivations for a large, complex group of audience segments with significant variation
- Effectively prioritizes problem and opportunity spaces using structured frameworks to ensure consistent decision making and prioritization across all areas of ownership. Anticipates future shifts in player needs and adjusts plans accordingly
- Highly proficient in strategy development for a large organization and business units with numerous disparate elements, effectively navigating a complex, changing landscape and generating organization-level business impact
- Expert in sharing information, creating common understanding and building alignment, even among stakeholders audiences of different priorities, perspectives & motivations
- Highly flexible systems thinker who understands inter-relationships between different game systems, and can draw parallels across different games, varied genres & player archetypes
- Live operations and player lifecycle leader, driving insights and strategies for both their game team and Riot as a whole. Is able to lead teams to deploy suite of context-dependent tactics to innovate and incorporate best practices for player life cycle management
- Able to guide and lead a team to efficiently generate, test and/or validate hypotheses, leading to high conviction decisions that advance the goals of their team or focus area. Demonstrates thought leadership across the organization in discovering and sharing high impact insights
- Experience managing analytics experts to identify, hypothesize, and validate highest opportunity Product workstreams
- Primary thought partner for League of Legends' Game Director in identifying opportunities and formulating strategies to maximize League of Legends success for today and the future
- Mentor the Insights team, including industry-leading talent in Research and Analytics, to help them provide maximum actionable value to key product initiatives
- Sought-after collaborator for team members of all crafts and levels around how both existing and new workstreams can convey maximum value to both players and Riot
- Be the first and last line of ownership for business health, truly understanding what metrics matter most to player and Riot value and reinforcing our understanding of those metrics
- Drive the team to work smarter with the product components we already have, creating better outcomes from better strategic utilization of existing or adjacent capabilities
- Experience owning the P&L for a product
- Deep quantitative analytics background with applicable hard skills
- 5+ years of experience working on a live operated Games-as-a-Service product
Online game developer
Riot Games' mission is to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world.
- Family Care
- Open Paid Time Off
- Play Fund
- Donation Matching
Company Core Values
- Player Experience First.
- Dare to Dream.
- Thrive Together.
- Execute with Intelligence.
- Stay Hungry; Stay Humble