Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block’s team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ countries, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.
At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future. As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets.
We are seeking a Business Development Associate to join our sales team. The Business Development Associate (BDA) helps generate new business for The Block Pro by effectively and efficiently researching, engaging and connecting potential customers to the sales team to drive “top of the sales funnel” activity and generate pipeline. In addition to prospecting sales opportunities, the BDA also serves as the connection between Marketing & Sales by planning and executing campaigns to engage target personas and accounts within designated territories. The BDA is responsible for scheduling qualified Initial Sales Meetings each month and assisting account executives with discovering new logo opportunities to ultimately drive revenue. The BDA role is ideal for goal-oriented candidates looking to develop valuable sales experience within a fast-paced environment.
The compensation for this role is $60,000/year, plus bonus, equity and benefits.
- Identify and contact prospective clients using both inbound leads and outbound prospecting strategies via email, social media and over the phone
- Promptly respond to potential client inquiries generated through marketing efforts
- Work closely with Marketing team to take qualified leads and convert them to discovery calls
- Partner with Account Executives to create customized territory plans
- Identify organizations that fit the ideal customer profile and then research relevant contacts for outreach
- Create personalized email campaigns to engage prospects and generate demand for The Block’s products and solutions based on the organization’s business priorities
- Coordinate with internal staff to ensure the right individuals are present to support a client conversation
- Prepare team members for external meetings by providing relationship background and corporate news and profile
- Record and maintain outreach records in CRM system and provide up-to-date contact information and notes for leads and contacts
- Track and report on individual progress to monthly and quarterly goals for initial sales meetings and pipeline sourced
- 1 year of professional experience, including internship and externship roles
- An interest in the evolving crypto and digital assets industry
- Ability to quickly build relationships with senior level professionals and work well under pressure
- Propensity to ask probing questions to match the prospect’s challenges with The Block’s services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Impeccable time management and organizational skills
- Adaptable to changing startup environment
- Collaborative spirit and results-oriented
- Ability to hit individual goals while staying invested in the team’s larger revenue success
About The Block:
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.
We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated - with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership.
We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.