Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multibillion-dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced technology and finance professionals. The people who shape our company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and the submarine service. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
In addition to our enriching and collegial working environment, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, technology talks by our experts, a beautiful modern office, daily catered lunches, and more.
As our People Operations Manager, you will lead the day-to-day operations of our People Operations, focused on ensuring a great employee experience, with an eye for the details. Key areas of responsibility include: payroll, benefits and 401k administration, human capital metrics, and compliance, working alongside our broader HR team. This role is expected to drive automation and streamline processes to enhance efficiency within the HR function. Your contribution will be crucial in supporting our organization’s ongoing growth by implementing effective people operations programs, systems, and analytics. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact and foster an environment where our employees feel supported and can thrive.
- Develop and implement policies, processes, systems, and programs to deliver a best-in-class employee experience
- Oversee the administration of critical HR programs and processes including HRIS, payroll, benefits, leaves of absence, human capital metrics, compliance and more
- Oversee all aspects of employee benefit programs, including annual plan renewal. Partner with leadership to evaluate benefit offerings and manage benefits costs
- Manage People Operations workflows, documentation, data, and tools
- Lead review of HRIS system to ensure it addresses the changing needs of the organization. Ensure HRIS data maintenance and integrity
- Ensure responsive HR service delivery and issue resolution for employees
- Build trusted relationships with leaders by providing data and insights to support high-impact teams
- Track industry trends and best practices to continuously improve our People Operations function
- 7+ years of progressive experience within HR and 3-5 years of experience in core people operations functions (e.g. payroll, benefits, HRIS). Recent leadership experience highly desirable
- Experience maintaining HRIS systems, implementation experience is a plus
- Benefits administration exposure, including health and welfare programs, 401k and LOA administration; experience administering one or all areas of benefits is a plus
- Strong analytic and diagnostic skills and a data and metrics-driven approach
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to multi-task with strong orientation to details
- Good communication skills, both written & verbal
- Highly organized & structured, able to drive projects independently
- Critical thinker with a bias-to-action, who can be both a hands-on problem solver and lead/influence others
- Knowledge of State and Federal payroll and benefits laws and exposure to developing Human Resource policies and procedures
- Global payroll and benefits experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
The base salary range for this position is $120,000 to $135,000 in the location(s) of this posting. Individual salaries are determined through a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography. Base salary does not include other forms of total compensation such as bonus compensation and other benefits. Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, life and AD&D insurance, 20 days of paid time off, 9 sick days, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
“Friends of Voleon” Candidate Referral Program
If you have a great candidate in mind for this role and would like to have the potential to earn $7,500 if your referred candidate is successfully hired and employed by The Voleon Group, please use this form to submit your referral. For more details regarding eligibility, terms and conditions please make sure to review the Voleon Referral Bonus Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Voleon Group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
The Voleon Group has implemented a policy requiring all employees who will be entering our worksite, including new hires, to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine. This policy also applies to remote employees, as such employees will be asked to visit our offices from time to time. To the extent permitted by applicable law, proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. This policy is part of Voleon’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and community, and to support public health efforts.