Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Accounting, the Senior Technical Revenue Accountant will play a key role in our day to day corporate accounting and month end close processes.
In this role you’ll be collaborating cross functionally regarding various aspects of Accounting including but not limited to: revenue accounting, other general ledger accounting, close processes, reconciliations, related analysis, and ad hoc projects.
The successful candidate will be detailed and deadline-oriented, technologically inclined, operational, results driven and can operate in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment. This is a great opportunity to take on a core accounting role and make a difference in the way this fast-growing company operates!
What You’ll Do:
- Help drive the day-to-day general ledger accounting across multiple financial statement line items in accordance with U.S. GAAP, with a particular focus on revenue and technical accounting, especially memo writing
- Participate in the month end close process including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations to deliver timely and accurate financial results
- Perform accounting analyses in accordance with U.S. GAAP and prepare supporting schedules, as required
- Assist the Director of Corporate Accounting with preparation of monthly variance analysis, management reporting and U.S. GAAP reporting
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures
- Partner with external auditors in support of the audit process
- Support special projects as needed including the implementation and / or maintenance of new accounting systems and tools
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years of relevant experience. Big 4 accounting firms combined with industry experience preferred
- Strong written communication skills, especially within memo writing
- Start to finish revenue experience (new contract, analysis)
- Real estate and / or construction industry experience preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP (incl ASC 606) and internal controls
- Comfortable with a ‘startup mentality’ - ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
- Critical thinking skills and ability to drive continuous improvement; Ability to think-out of the box and improve processes that are broken
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across the company
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Accounting, Finance or relevant field)
- Experience with the following tools is a plus: Sage Intacct, Quickbooks, and Excel
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.