Remote in USA • Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life. The Scientific Data Cloud is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain and delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context - We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration - We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience - We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers - We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft - We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity - We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age; We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
What You Will Do
The Director of Customer Marketing is focused on building stronger relationships with TetraScience customers through engaging directly and through marketing campaigns. The mission of this role is to build a community of fanatic brand advocates. This position directly benefits sales and marketing teams by increasing customer advocacy (including referrals, testimonials, references, etc.), identifying cross-sell and upsell opportunities, and increasing loyalty and retention.
- Build rapport with customers to increase renewals, referrals, and cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs: in-person/virtual events, workshops, annual conferences, advisory board, awards programs, customer newsletters, onboarding and ongoing nurture campaigns.
- Connecting with customers to ensure continued education and success throughout the relationship lifecycle.
- Identifying key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Help marketing and sales meet business objectives through customer advocacy initiatives.
- Manage and maintain engagement and advocacy programs; continually recruit new customer advocates.
- Manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories, testimonials and metrics.
- Manage annual/biannual/quarterly customer satisfaction surveys to drive change throughout the organization.
- Develop a customer lifecycle campaign program and work with marketing operations to implement.
- Create special marketing content for account management/customer success to help at-risk customers with training.
- Target happy customers for upsell, cross-sell, and advocacy opportunities.
- Provide product feedback given by advocates to the Product Management team.
- 7+ years of previous B2B customer marketing experience with life sciences (preferably discovery or preclinical) or laboratory informatics.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment while effectively prioritizing a diverse set of tasks.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams.
- Analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts.
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or advanced degree with emphasis on communications, marketing, and business.
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy.
- Experience with vendors supplying hardware and/or software solutions to the R&D, Quality or Manufacturing function within the top 100 global pharmaceutical industry.
- 100% employer paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediate family members.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO).
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.