Insurance is a trillion dollar market that is fundamental to society, yet it has not modernized — until now.
Newfront is building the modern insurance experience.
We’ve reimagined the experience for clients, prospects, and employees, altering the way people create, understand, select, transact, and use insurance. We’re changing the approach so that it starts and ends with the client, not the product, and empowering people for moments that matter.
Our unique approach recognizes both the vast potential of technology and the fundamental role of insurance experts. We’re a technology-driven company with DE&I in our DNA and strong values
; we believe people matter most.
Our mission is to define the future of the insurance industry, while instilling a high performance culture in combination with living our Work, Love, Play ethos each day. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, and more productive employees, and more successful clients.
We offer onsite/hybrid/remote roles (within USA), with the option to work from any of Newfront’s office locations.
Under the supervision of the VP of Operations, this Certificates Manager role is responsible for the daily management and execution of our Centralized Certificates Team. This role has a high degree of exposure and has a direct impact on almost every single customer at Newfront. This role will also be managing a combined onshore and offshore team of individuals who are responsible for receiving, creating and correctly issuing certificates of insurance for all of Newfront’s customers. Success in this role will require process and people management, analytical rigor and superb customer service skills.
Newfront is open to hiring the right talent anywhere in the United States of America. This position is open to remote candidates, however the right person should expect to regularly work and be available during Pacific Time working hours. #LI-Remote
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Full management of the onshore and offshore certificates team.
- Performance management of both people and process.
- Monitor daily certificates requests to ensure that we are consistently meeting or exceeding minimum SLA expectations.
- Responsible for making sure that all certificate requests are issued correctly and within our SLAs.
- Manage both on-demand and renewal certificate needs for all clients.
- Be the main point of contact for escalations from clients, service team members and producers.
- Understand and constantly strive to improve the process of issuing certificates. Improvements need to increase accuracy with minimal change in spend.
- Create a strong feedback loop between stakeholders and your team. This individual must build trust through experience, excellent communication skills and service delivery.
- Build and maintain a relationship with our product and technology teams in order to advocate for improvements and better client experience.
- Regularly present to Operations and Business leadership on the overall status of the certificates service through regular service delivery meetings.
- Grow the team in line with the business growth of Newfront.
- Create career growth paths for onshore, full time employees.
- Potentially own other centralized services, particularly related to other forms of Proofs of Insurance.
- A passion for providing an amazing experience to internal stakeholders and clients
- A constant desire to go above and beyond for clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as superior client service and problem solving skills
- High School diploma/GED required; 2 years of college preferred
- 2+ years of direct P&C certificate experience
- 2+ years of direct P&C account management experience
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets required
- Basic SQL skills are a huge plus
- Ability to understand and learn new systems, many of which are proprietary
The pay range for this position in California, Washington, Colorado and New York at commencement of employment is expected to be between $98,600 and $144,900/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
At Newfront, we are committed to hiring diverse talent and supporting an inclusive workplace environment. If you are excited about a role at Newfront but feel you’re missing a few of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself. You may just be the next Newfront team member that we are looking for!
Newfront is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is in our DNA and we believe that creating an inclusive workplace elevates the value we are able to bring to our customers and employees alike. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected]