1 big thing: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We’re hiring a Director of Events Operations to manage day-to-day event logistics, client relationships, and deliverables and ensure we remain true to our editorial standards while also working alongside sponsors for their defined sponsor integrations. Ultimately, the goal of each event is to bring our audiences together for worthy editorial conversations across the country.
Why it Matters: We need a strong team member to manage operations and logistics, providing direction and support to team members, serve as a liaison with event clients, vendors, brainstorm creative concepts to bring our events to life, and create and implement all visual elements of our events (creative catering, invites, signage, event installations, etc).
Go Deeper: This role has relationship-management and operational responsibilities and will manage multiple, concurrent events while moving at a fast pace. You will work cross-collaboratively with marketing, production and many other team members at Axios and will serve as an ambassador of Axios and the events team throughout the entire events process.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for Axios’ mission, and have the following skills:
- 5+ years of high volume, fast-paced events experience
- Proven track record of client/relationship management experience
- An eye for design and creative vision
- A deep understanding of end-to-end event lifecycle management
- Strong communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience supporting or mentoring junior team members
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Desire to work hard, learn new skills, and grow professionally
- Willingness to work early mornings and late nights
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Project management software experience is a plus (i.e. Wrike)
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discounts
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.