Mechanical Systems Engineer
Posted on 6/23/2022
Irvine, CA, USA
- 3+ years of experience with hands on prototyping and manufacturing techniques (3D printing, thermoforming, Sheetmetal operations)
- Ability to conceptualize, generate, and release 3D CAD data along with experience in developing 2D drawings using GD&T
- Demonstrated engineering experience in electrical power systems, communications systems, or controls systems
- Coordinate supplier meetings and guide design reviews
- Exposure to Plastics and Sheetmetal design is desirable
- High proficiency with standard 3D Cad software, preferably Catia V5/V6
- Experience taking a product from concept to production
- Experience working in an automotive industry is desired
- Exposure to product and process improvement techniques like lean manufacturing
- Prefer candidates with experience in CAN diagnostics, Vehicle Software, or similar technologies
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to multi-task, provide attention to detail
- Demonstrated examples of innovation and “out of the box” thinking
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Responsible for Mechanical Engineering and Design to develop and support our fleet of mobile service vehicles
- Partner with Vehicle Software, Electrical Engineering, and controls teams, to bring designs to volume production
- Develop and support deployment of systems in service fleet vehicles in North America and globally
- Work cross functionally with Service Engineering, Service Tooling, and Service Operations groups to develop Mobile Service compatible solutions to expand the abilities of our Mobile Service team
- Interface directly with suppliers and service technicians to gather feedback, develop solutions, and come up with new developments
- Innovate and challenge the traditional OEM automotive way of doing things
- Prepare specifications, assembly instructions and design verification plans and reports
- Responsible for carrying out validation testing on mechanical components
- Identify, build, and manage build sequences and quality checks of assemblies and component level parts
- Utilizes various process improvement techniques such as lean to implement best practices throughout assembly line
- Experience with Enovia is a plus
- Experience working in aftermarket or automotive service industry is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team