Cyber Claims Adjuster
Posted on 6/30/2022
Portland, OR, USA
- Significant experience handling Cyber claims
- D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, E&O claims experience, a plus
- VCA claims system experience, a plus
- Licensed Insurance Adjuster (multiple licenses a plus and willingness to obtain additional licenses)
- Experience drafting coverage letters with a strong grasp of coverage issues
- Experience reviewing litigation budgets and statements of work
- Have an excellent understanding and demonstrated ability to apply the technical aspects of claim handling
- Seeking ambitious individuals eager to build and grow expertise with Corvus and in the cyber industry
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- College degree required
- Promptly investigate, negotiate, and manage Cyber claims
- Utilize knowledge of insurance contracts, claims investigations, and vendor management to make appropriate claim reserve recommendations
- Analyze primary and excess coverage, make coverage determinations, and draft coverage correspondence
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Corvus Risk + Response team to assist policyholders in pre-breach and breach response services
- Appoint and manage defense/breach counsel and vendors
- Establish an effective risk management structure
- Proactively work toward economic resolution of Cyber claims
- Control litigation and expense management
- Effectively communicate coverage positions to Corvus policyholders
- Maintain frequent interaction with Underwriting team to communicate claim developments and trends
- Responsible for implementation, monitoring and reporting on results of assigned special projects
- Drive employee engagement by exhibiting passion about the company, values, business and our customers
- Maintain well documented claim file notes
Predict and prevent complex risks
Corvus' missioin is to make the world a safer place. Corvus is actively helping their policyholders to predict and prevent adverse events, as well as supplying the coverage that helps them withstand events when they do happen.
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Professional Development
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Understand the Problem - Building a company efficiently and effectively requires a deep understanding of the root issues faced by our customers and team.
- Challenge the Status Quo - Becoming a leader in the commercial insurance industry requires questioning existing practices, thinking differently, and trying new things.
- Deliver Truth - Communicating transparently starts with honesty and the ability and avenues to convey it properly.
- Empower Everyone - Empowering people at all levels of the business allows anyone to act quickly and thoughtfully, impacting everything from customer service to software product delivery.
- Do the Right Thing - Acting with integrity fosters trust, builds reputation, and impacts all stakeholders.
- Be Proud of Insurance - Taking pride in a force for good needs no apology. You control the future of insurance.