Senior/Principal 3D Environment Artist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Montreal, QC, Canada
- 8+ years of experience building maps and environments for industry-leading games
- Portfolio of demonstrating strong proficiency as an Environment Artist
- Strong sense of level design, scale, and game-play flow
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and created various game levels/maps with it
- Expert level understanding of lighting, composition, and set dressing
- Know how to break down a level from asset creation perspective, come up with creative solutions to maintain the style of the environment design
- Good communicating skills and ability to provide efficient feedback to team members
- Expert knowledge and understanding of industry software, tools, and pipelines.Such as Maya/Max, Photoshop, Zbrush and Substance designer, or other equivalent 3D tools
- Ability to work under deadlines, manage and prioritize tasks, and is self-motivated
- Work closely with the Art director, Level design lead to bring visually pleasing environments to the game
- Help drive the vision for the game and using your work to set the high-quality bar for the environment art development
- Collaborate with the team to design and layout game-play spaces
- Work closely with level design and art department to bring all the levels from block-out stage to final set dressing and lighting
- Establishing the environment art pipeline and help maintain the level of quality during assets creation
- Identify the risks during environment development and actively coming up with solutions to mitigate them
- Mentor and guide team members to level up their artistic skills and core development competencies
- Prior Leadership\Mentoring experience
- Knowledge of creating narrative content for PVE game-play
Entertainment and social conglomerate
Tencent's is on a mission to use technology for good. The company operates social messaging service WeChat and has produced some of the world's most popular games and content.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Uphold principles, ethics, openness and fairness.
- Proactivity: Pursue positive contributions, volunteer for responsibility and push for breakthroughs.
- Collaboration: Be inclusive and collaborative, strive to progress and evolve.
- Creativity: Push for breakthrough innovations, explore the possibilities of the future.