Signal is hiring core library engineers to help make private communication simple. If you care about code quality as much as you care about user privacy, you should fit right in. This role is an opportunity to have an immediate impact while working closely with a talented team to solve challenging problems and ship new features to millions of users.
- Deep understanding of application performance, network protocols, and systems fundamentals.
- Experience with API & SDK design, and cross-language FFI.
- Capable of communicating effectively. We’re a small organization; you will be involved in every aspect.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Prepared to immediately contribute to our open-source libsignal codebase
What we offer
- We’re fully distributed. This means you can work anywhere within US timezones. Whether it’s your favorite coffee shop or your living room or a coworking space we help cover, Signal gives you the flexibility to make your work work for you. And we travel a few times throughout the year so you can get to know your colleagues in person.
- Excellent healthcare, vision, and dental with all premiums covered.
- Our 401(k) plan matches your contributions (without any vesting period) up to the employee federal maximum of $20,500.
- We’re stable, well-funded, and driven by our privacy mission, not profit. This means we’re capable of focusing on what is best for users without distractions or compromises.
- Feel good about what you do. Signal is building core infrastructure for truly private digital communications. We don’t participate in the surveillance business model, and we are proud of the integrity and transparency of our work.
- Salary range based on experience: $160,000 - $260,000.
Signal Messenger is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
At Signal, trust and mutual respect are foundational to our culture, as are empathy and transparency in how we interact as an internal team and with the world around us. We are committed to creating a work environment that is supportive, challenging, and that draws on people from a variety of backgrounds. Diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to delivering on our core purpose of protecting free expression and enabling secure communication around the globe.