Senior Software Engineer
Full Stack, Remote Eligible
Posted on 12/26/2021
Bellevue, WA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and coding best practices
- Knowledge of microservices in AWS
- Comfort in the tech stack, from operations to the front-end, including distributed systems, data layers and performant, well documented RESTful APIs
- Ability to break down a concept based on your audience - whether they're technical or non-technical - and your medium - whether it's verbal, in prose, or in code
- A supportive demeanor, and you help people get unstuck, easily recognizing that teams are more successful when colleagues look for opportunities to help one another
- An ability to translate customer frustrations and needs into features that solve customer problems
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, equivalent industry experience, or equivalent educational experience
- Work on all areas of the application: front-end, back end, databases, infrastructure and test automation
- Contribute in all aspects of product development: idea generation, customer engagement, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and operational excellence
- Work with a team of passionate, engaged engineers, and with diverse teams including product managers, designers, marketers, and more. Together, you'll build solutions for customers that unlock dynamic work
- Mentor more junior team members in the whole software development lifecycle: design, architecture, coding best practices, and more
- Improve the team's code style, consistency, readability, and performance through thoughtful code review
- Promote the improvement of processes from the technical (deployment, rollback, and more) to the non-technical (conducting meetings, onboarding new engineers)
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
Company Core Values
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.