Sr. Learning & Development Specialist
Posted on 11/17/2022
Mountain View, CA, USA
Adobe Creative Suite
- BA/BS in Organizational Leadership or Development, Learning Design, I/O Psychology, Education, or related field and/or certifications in a variety of L&D areas. Advanced degrees, a plus
- 4+ years professional experience designing, implementing and facilitating learning solutions for a variety of formats and audiences (e.g. instructor-led training, e-learning, etc.)
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Excellent facilitation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Highly skilled at program and project management and executing training initiatives
- Strong collaboration and teamwork capabilities with diverse colleagues in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary and global environment
- Comfortable working in virtually connected, fast-paced, and ambiguous environments
- Highly proficient with software applications: MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Zoom, and Slack)
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, strong attention to detail, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Formal training in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, and Training Delivery is highly desirable
- Global training experience, a plus
- Certification in The MindGym, Gallup Strengths, DiSC/MTBI/Insights Discovery, a plus
- Facilitate Rivian's virtual global onboarding program and Team Solutions courseware
- Co-create a range of learning experiences, including: Instructor-led training (ILT) design, interactive e-learning modules, videos, job aids, facilitator guides, and resource materials to execute against Learning & Development strategy
- Design training plans and schedules for training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Drive results and ensure program success by measuring learning outcomes and by analyzing internal and external data to qualify and quantify impact
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders regarding program details and design
- Continually ﬁnd opportunities for improvement and implement those changes
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Remain current on emerging trends in the learning and development space to bring cutting-edge learning approaches and practices (ILT, VILT, digital, cohorts, and other modalities)
- Travel up to 25%
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team