San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 7%
1 year growth↑ 15%
2 year growth↑ 27%
- Experience leading valuable features into an at-scale web application
- Interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows and philosophies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world
- Contribute frontend code to Cloud Security in Kibana
- Lead best practices on the frontend
- Drive product focused engineering efforts to invent and ship valuable and meaningful features
- Engage with and lead capable engineers, designers, and stakeholders
- Experience in developing a security-related SAAS product
- Experience with Kubernetes and cloud native technologies
- Familiarity with the Open Policy Agent
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Cloud Security Posture team is responsible for helping users protect their cloud-native environments using policy management and cloud security enforcement. As a Principal Frontend Engineer at Elastic on the Cloud Security Posture team, you will collaborate closely with our Design and Engineering teams to bridge the gap between visual design and implementation, by building and maintaining the cloud security solution on Kibana.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll contribute frontend code to Cloud Security in Kibana, a free and open frontend application that sits on top of the Elastic Stack, providing users with capabilities to protect their cloud-native environments using policy management and cloud security enforcement.
- You’ll lead best practices on the frontend, contributing to both a reliable foundation and an engaging user experience
- You’ll drive product focused engineering efforts to invent and ship valuable and meaningful features to an excited market.
- You’ll engage with and lead capable engineers, designers, and many other stakeholders, as we work together to invent and build whimsical and valuable interfaces. We practice teamwork!
What you bring along:
- An interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows and philosophies that can help you grow. You can function well in an environment that drives towards change.
- You are a warm and inspiring figure who can help develop engineers and rally people around meaningful projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
- Experience in developing a security-related SAAS product - an advantage
- Experience with kubernetes and cloud native technologies - an advantage
- Familiarity with the Open Policy Agent - an advantage
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected] We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.