Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon is the developer and manufacturer of conducted electrical weapons(Tasers), body worn cameras, and digital evidence management solutions. By successfully applying technical solutions to age old problems in video recording, the Axon team has redefined public and private safety around the globe. We are a team of passionate and dedicated professionals who desire to disrupt our industry, to protect life, with our products.Axon is seeking a high-energy, results driven pre-sales engineer. This individual will play an instrumental role in accelerating our sales initiatives. We need a self-starter who excels in a high-paced, evangelistic startup environment, focusing on enterprise and private sector businesses, and thrives on pitching technology to leadership as well as support staff and users.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from United States, travel 30-50% of time
Reports to: Sr Director, Sales Engineering
- Achieve mastery of all Axon technologies / products
- Use exceptional written and oral communication skills to lead business and technical presentations effectively, demonstrations and conversations with IT departments, including CIOs, as well as channel partner leadership and technical stakeholders
- Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members
- Provide 1st-level technical support throughout the pre-sales cycle for opportunities
- Remain organized and focused on removing sales obstacles through creativity and adaptation to rapidly changes circumstances
- Develop relationships with key partners for growth within their customer base
- Provide professional responses to customer RFPs / RFIs
- Effectively position the technology against competitive offerings
- Be responsible for representing the products, company values, and brand to customers and at field events such as industry and user conferences, tech summits, etc.
- Take ownership of the POC/Pilot process: Coordinate logistics across all stakeholders, assess customer requirements/objectives, and tailor POC tests and findings, accordingly, assist prospects with initial configuration and orientation
- Where possible, improve or develop technical documentation to ease understanding and customer or channel usage of our products and services
- Capture requested features and provide feedback to Product Management, Sales, Development, Support, Engineering and Marketing teams
- Develop Statements of Work (SOW) for Professional Services necessary for binding quote
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
What You Bring
- Willingness to travel 30-50%
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in engineering or computer science field or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Must have intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Basic knowledge or curiosity of security, IPsec, InfoSec, hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, and storage devices.
- Ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort.
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort.
- Strong presentation skills and presence, technical acumen, ability to simplify the complex, working cross-functionally.
- 3+ of Technical sales or sales engineering experience
- 3+ year of experience in a SaaS environment
- 3+ years of experience in networking and telecommunication
- 3+ years of network, storage or system engineering
- Experience developing Statements of Work (SOW) or similar documents
- Intermediate knowledge of routing and switching methodologies, telecommunications, and Internet technologies.
- Basic knowledge of virtualization and virtual machines
- Network and Telecommunication-specific professional certifications, such as but not limited to: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE-ENT, ComTIA Network+, WCNA, etc..
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 80,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 120,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 90,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 140,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.