Senior Principal Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • San Jose, CA...
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Hands-on experience developing and debugging on any object oriented language like C++, Java, C#, Kotlin, etc. on a professional basis
- A good understanding of existing query languages like SQL, SPL etc
- A good foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design, and architecture of modern distributed systems
- Strong software engineering practices, testing, using distributed source control, and continuous integration and delivery
- Experience crafting and delivering software as a service and working with cloud infrastructure services such as AWS EC2, S3, Kubernetes, etc. is desirable but not required
- Expert level experience with query languages
- You have experience in query language design, query mapping, language translation, ASTs, visitors, optimizers, query compensation, manipulating expression trees, conceptualizing complex queries etc
- Expert level experience producing query abstractions
- You have extensive experience creating and/or maintaining advanced query abstractions like LINQ, Spark or Flink
- Demonstrated ability to design simple and clear APIs for complex functionality
- You have empathy for developers and expert skills in producing APIs that allow downstream developers to write beautiful code
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work and be excited about your projects
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor's degree; or 10 years and a technical Master's degree; or a PhD with 8 years' experience; or equivalent experience
- You will design and implement new features in SPL2 as well as the opportunity to define and perform various SPL2 optimizations and /or modifications
- You'll apply SPL2 to heterogeneous data sources by translating it to other query languages
- You'll create a set of language services to enable partner teams to leverage SPL2 in the next generation of Splunk products and services
- Contribute to maintaining our build system, codebase, tests and development process in an awesome shape
- Work with internal and external customers to refine our team's understanding of target scenarios and incorporate their feedback into incremental improvements of our product
- Experience working in language design, compiler building, and abstract syntax trees is a plus
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.