Posted on 12/21/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Minimum of 4+ years of financial analysis experience working directly in a Corporate Finance, Strategic Finance or FP&A role
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills, ability to manage and manipulate large data sets, critically analyze existing processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); expert Excel modeling skills
- A Bachelor's degree with a major in finance and/or accounting; or equivalent years of experience
- (Required) Must be willing to go into the San Francisco or New York office twice a week
- Serve as the Finance business partner to support multiple key functions at Scale, including GTM (Sales & Marketing), EPD (Engineering, Product, & Design) and Operations teams in quarterly and annual strategic and financial planning discussions
- Partner with the business to manage expense forecasts and own weekly and monthly financial reporting, KPIs, presentations, and other key analysis requests
- Act as a strategic thought partner to our sales leadership to shape our Sales compensation plan and work closely with Sales Strategy & Operations team to own the associated operations
- Establish marketing performance reporting and analysis framework with Head of Marketing to understand ROI for pipeline generation
- Evaluate investment strategies and facilitate ad-hoc projects and analyses including, but not limited to:
- Support the launch of new product lines
- Pricing and margin analysis
- Drive internal initiatives to improve data infrastructure and reporting
- Build and maintain various Operations models including, but not limited:
- Resource allocations
- Partner closely with the accounting team during the month-end close process to ensure accurate general ledger and company-wide financial statement reporting
- Develop and maintain department specific KPIs to assist with the decision-making that aligns with company's objectives
- 1+ years of investment banking experience
- SQL and Business Intelligence tools
- Anaplan and / or Adaptive Insights
- Supported GTM and EPD organizations
- 3+ years of experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role within a rapidly growing company
Data platform for AI
Scale AI's mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications.
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage - Our health plans give you the flexibility to select the right coverage for you and eligible family members through a variety of plan options.
- Easy to use 401(K) - Plan and invest for the future with a 401(k) via Guideline. Scale’s 401(k) plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings.
- Wellness Fund - We care about the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of all Scaliens. Our $100/month wellness stipend can be used for gym memberships, acupuncture, meditation apps, and so much more.
- Virtual Social Activities - Being remote has not stopped us from hosting fun virtual events. From trivia night to candle making, we ensure employees are fostering connections & building strong relationships.
- Learning & Development - We know how important career growth is for Scaliens, so we offer a $500/year L&D stipend to help support continued development throughout your journey.
- Flexible hours allow you to work when you are most productive. You can work with your manager to best plan your daily work schedule.
- Generous Paid Time Off - Enjoy time to travel or plan a staycation. We encourage employees to take time off to recharge and prevent burnout. We have a flexible PTO policy where each employee is afforded the flexibility to take planned time-off as needed.
- Commuter Benefits - Set aside pre-tax dollars to use on qualified transportation expenses to help ease your commute.
- Parental Leave - Balancing work and family is essential, and Scale understands the importance of having adequate leave policies in place to promote a healthy home and work life.
Company Core Values
- Earn customer love
- Intellectual rigor, open mind
- Ambition shapes reality
- Team flow
- Ownership is the job
- Run through walls
- Up the tempo
- Results speak loudest