Accessories Project Engineer
Exterior and Utility Products
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Revitalizing US manufacturing through technology and operations management.
Re:Build Manufacturing stands out as a forward-thinking industrial company, utilizing advanced technologies and operational excellence to enhance the performance of its subsidiaries and revitalize the U.S. manufacturing sector. The company's unique model of American industrialization, combining manufacturing operations with engineering capabilities, enables customers to establish and grow competitive local businesses. With a commitment to continuous improvement, proprietary software, and collaborative efforts, Re:Build guides projects from concept development to flexible manufacturing solutions, creating substantial opportunities for employees and the communities they operate in.
Industrial & Manufacturing
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 41%
1 year growth↑ 64%
2 year growth↑ 155%
Troy, MI, USA
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is required, or extensive direct experience. MS/MBA a plus
- 8+ years of experience in developing durable cargo, utility, and vehicle exterior accessories. Marine, powersports, or consumer product industry preferred
- Strong project/program management capability with examples of end-to-end development
- Working knowledge of a variety of materials, manufacturing process, and testing requirements
- Expertise with applied industry standards, including but not limited to, FCC, UL, ISO, FMVSS, etc
- Working knowledge of structures, failure modes, and test protocol to validate designs
- CAD design and release experience is required. You do your own stunts!
- A low ego and strong “one company” teammate with a continuous improvement approach, that is equally comfortable with engineering details and project management
- Comfortable in start-up environments. You can roll up your sleeves to do the work and build or recommend the tools needed to be successful as the company grows
- Advocate for progress and possess capability to work cross-functionally with partners, suppliers, and vendors, building strong relationships that produce positive results
- An ability to be an effective brand representative and ambassador to the Re:Car community, both presenting the Re:Car vision and collecting input that leads to future accessories' development
- You will be an integral part of the accessories development process, innovating and bringing new customer-centric products to life from a technical perspective
- You will have the opportunity to work on Re:Car branded products, as well as provide technical leadership to development partners/suppliers depending on the product line
- This role supports the development of functional and technical objectives for respective systems, drives integration with the base vehicle, and develops and releases designs
- You will lead project development to cost, mass, materials, manufacturability, sustainability, and timing targets
- As part of a startup, you'll also be the primary owner of all testing and validation activity for your accessory group
- But wait, there's more!
- You will also be part of building and improving the Accessories product development process as a foundational member of the team where your work will support the foundation for growth in years to come
- If this seems exciting to you, please apply!