Director of Marketing, Universities
Posted on 5/30/2022
- 10+ years Higher-Ed/University marketing experience in a fast-growth environment
- 7+ years responsible for building and orchestrating global marketing strategies/plans for a business/business unit in a highly matrixed environment
- Analytical skills and ability to leverage data to make business cases and decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Executive presence and engagement skills
- Operate as key leader of the Coursera for Campus leadership team responsible for driving revenue growth and market penetration of business globally
- Develop, own and activate global marketing strategy and plan aligned to business goals in partnership with region field marketing leaders; demand marketing; customer marketing; product marketing; and PR/Comms teams
- Partner with Enterprise CMO and marketing leadership to evolve marketing foundation, processes, and innovation in marketing
- Develop impactful communication channels, forums and feedback loops to share marketing plans, progress and performance to goals with Coursera for Campus leadership, broader GTM team and key stakeholders
- Lead a cross-functional pod of global marketers to ensure goals, programs, and plan alignment and work collaboratively to ensure capacity and budget to execute and deliver commitments
- Proven experience across key marketing disciplines, including demand generation, brand, and content, enablement, events, ABM and marketing technology
- Proven experience engaging at an executive level internally with cross-functional groups and externally
- Proven experience working in a highly matrixed environment, including expertise in leading through others and a track record of leading successful cross-functional programs, and ability to influence
- Proven experience helping build/scale businesses
Online education company
Coursera’s mission is to provide quality learning experience to anyone, anywhere. The company is building a global online learning platform that offers on-demand online courses and degrees.
- Lifelong learning - Coursera covers the cost of tuition so you can earn a free master’s degree and develop new skills. That’s on top of free, lifelong access to courses and certificates on the platform.
- Health and wellness - We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents. Plus, free access to counseling and mental health services.
- Parental leave - Get up to 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave when you grow your family and bring a new child into your life.
- Make-a-thon - We host Make-a-thon events twice a year to promote community and innovation. During Make-a-thon, you’ll dedicate time to attend workshops, work on passion projects, and pursue ideas outside of your day-to-day work.
- Time away - Take paid time off when you need it. We have time off policies that promote flexibility so you can tailor your work schedule when life calls.
- Remote work - Our flexibility extends to where you work. You can choose to work from home, work from one of our offices, or try a combination of the two.
- Equity - Employees earn company stock, so you can own what we build together and share in our success.