Commercial and Real Estate Counsel
Posted on 7/27/2022
Remote • United States
- JD with 5+ years of relevant experience; tech start-up experience preferred but not required
- Admission to California Bar preferred; in-house registration in California required
- Team-oriented attitude and entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-department, cross-functional role with members at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Can operate without supervision, with pedantic attention to detail, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and clarity of terms. Highly organized
- Provide advice and counsel in commercial transactions
- Draft, write and review agreements, contracts and commercial leases
- Support the business units in negotiation and contract strategy, clearly articulating risks and tradeoffs of various positions
- Build relationships with business stakeholders and work to understand the needs of these internal clients
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a contract review workflows, contract forms maintenance and streamlining the contracting process
- Assist with special projects as needed
Spin is a stationless electric scooter company that provides dockless mobility systems.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company's industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
- WeWork Pass (eligible remote salaried FTE
- We Do The Right Thing: One of our mottos is to do the right thing, and that means we take the high road and don’t take wrong turns. We do what’s right, not what’s easy by holding each other to high standards of integrity.
- We Work On The Road Ahead: We focus on creating a better tomorrow. Everything we do—from developing energy-sustainable mobility, investing in our team's growth, to building trust with cities and customers—is with a long-term mindset.
- We Embrace Diversity: We embrace each other’s differences and celebrate the diversity of our thoughts, expression, and preferences. We work tirelessly to support and ensure the safety of our riders, employees and partners.
- We Act Like Owners: We empower each other to have a deep sense of ownership and accountability in the work that we do. We collaborate to make decisions that result in the best outcomes for not only Spin but also the communities we serve.
- We Default to Trust: Trust is the glue to what we do at Spin. Our founders lead by trusting in the potential of what we can achieve together. In turn we have confidence in each other to do what we say we’ll do.