Marketing Data Scientist
Posted on 5/30/2023
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
- MS in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) and 1-2 years of working data science experience or BS in a quantitative field and 2-3 years of working data science experience
- Skilled in SQL, R, Python, and statistical methods
- Self-starter who can work independently in addition to collaborating with analysts and business stakeholders
- Experience working with attribution and forecasting models - with knowledge of different approaches such as time series, causal, ridge regression, Bayesian
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Extreme attention to detail but with the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to synthesize concepts for non-technical audiences and effectively engage partners across all levels of the company
- Utilize SimpliSafe data sources to help define opportunity areas for forecasting
- Implement and validate predictive and statistical models with a focus on harnessing the power of internal and external data for model tuning
- Carry out model validation and model tuning/optimization as part of the natural model life-cycle
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to design statistically sound A/B and multivariate tests to validate hypotheses with rigor
- Research and identify relevant machine learning techniques to advance forecasting modeling and drive business growth
- Help evolve how we attribute sales to marketing channels by leveraging existing models, analyses and test results
- Partner closely with stakeholders to define and build an attribution model tailored to measuring channel incrementality
- Quantify the impact of different attribution models through rigorous testing and experimentation
- Collaborate on data segmentation and optimization strategies to improve audience targeting and advertising effectiveness
- Support internal research into new methodologies for experimentation in the advertising space
- Knowledge of the marketing ecosystem (like digital footprint mechanisms) and relevant marketing measurement methods is a plus
Home security company
Simplisafe wants to make home security accessible to everyone
- Health Insurance - A comprehensive plan provides peace of mind for you and your family.
- Employee assistance program - Help through the difficult situations that come up at work and at home.
- Tuition reimbursement - We want you to keep learning, so we’ll cover part of your tuition.
- 401(k) - Saving for your future in the present.
- Unlimited vacation - Exempt employees take the time when you need it or want it. We mean it.
- Life and disability insurance - Coverage for when you need it most.
Company Core Values
- Customer obsessed
- Aim High
- No Ego
- One Team
- Life As We Climb
- Lean & Nimble