Java Tools Engineer, Developer Productivity
Posted on 2/19/2022
- Passionate about developer experience, and can put yourself in the shoes of your users
- Combine a rigorous approach to systems engineering with a pragmatic focus on delivering value to users quickly
- Thrive in a collaborative and diverse environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Enjoy and have experience building developer tools, especially those that consist of or leverage static type systems
- Change how Stripe engineers write, share, review, and merge code through education, automated tooling, new infrastructure, and new processes
- Write and extend the Bazel rules that build our JVM monorepo
- Develop Error Prone checks to enforce coding standards
- Make data driven decisions about developer tooling using metrics and AB tests
- Improve the speed and reliability of monorepo builds using tools like Bazel's remote execution
- Design, implement, and roll out an IntelliJ remote development environment
- Design, build, and maintain Java developer tools that increase productivity
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers who make developer experience their first priority
- Solve problems for fellow Stripe engineers by understanding their needs and coming up with both short term workarounds and long term solutions
- Use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to determine priorities and measure effectiveness
- Deliver practical, useful, and reliable tools, processes, and code refactorings to Stripe engineers
- Work with stakeholders across Stripe to balance and accommodate competing desires
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious